Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Won this "Sweetness" Payton Auto today....How did I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Great price on it! I will never figure out, though, why Pro Line had the great idea to have them sign on the card back. Still, nice addition.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Very nice pickup! I've got a few Pro Lines in my Hurricanes PC, and they're nice clean autos. Some cards are signed on the front, some are on the back...which is even odder than just signed on the back.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
JEBJJA said:
Slette said:
Great price on it! I will never figure out, though, why Pro Line had the great idea to have them sign on the card back. Still, nice addition.

I have no idea either.....anyone else add their 2 cents here?

because back in the early 1990's most collectors still thought that an autograph on the card "ruined" the card. Many collectors back then said if you were gonna get a card signed, get the back of the card signed.

You also have to be VERY careful with some of these pro line autographs as there are many fakes out there WITH the authentic stamp (someone got ahold of the stamp or made a fake one). Walter Payton was/is one of the most forged pro line autos out there (not saying that yours is, because really im not sure). Do a quick google search on "Walter Payton fake pro line autos" and you will find many message board and blog entries on this very card. I know many people will not buy one without it going through PSA/DNA first. Not trying to "rain on your parade", just educate ;)

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
JEBJJA said:
Slette said:

I have no idea either.....anyone else add their 2 cents here?

because back in the early 1990's most collectors still thought that an autograph on the card "ruined" the card. Many collectors back then said if you were gonna get a card signed, get the back of the card signed.

You also have to be VERY careful with some of these pro line autographs as there are many fakes out there WITH the authentic stamp (someone got ahold of the stamp or made a fake one). Walter Payton was/is one of the most forged pro line autos out there (not saying that yours is, because really im not sure). Do a quick google search on "Walter Payton fake pro line autos" and you will find many message board and blog entries on this very card. I know many people will not buy one without it going through PSA/DNA first. Not trying to "rain on your parade", just educate ;)

yeah this is why i stay away fro proline, if its real than nice price

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts