Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy mother of God !!! JJ prices are goofy !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flashmelo

Jun 1, 2009
If I were you. I would sell almost all of the collection with the exception of few cards that I really like.

It seems this is the highest ever that JJ could go.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I feel for you a little, man. I think you're going to start seeing a TON of your want list items coming available and having the price driven up by fly by night flippers may keep you from landing them. That is the bad part about a player going fire hot. You get to see all the cards you want unearthed, but then have to have your heart ripped out as they get bid up to insane heights.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp- How do some of these prices compare to what you've paid for some of yours? Any few random examples will satisfy my curiosity. Will you be selling any of your doubles, especially if you have 5-10 of a copy? I'm a player collector as well, but I only try to get one of each card so my decision to sell doubles would be easy. I'd want to take advantage of the bandwagon fans who buy now and then decide to sell in a few months when they figure out the Marlins aren't going to reach the playoffs and his cards will just go down in the offseason.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Trust me when I say as a major player collector... SELL SELL SELL...

I made the mistake of keeping all of the Mark Reynolds cards that I didn't have dupes of back in 2008 when he came out of the gate with like 7 hrs in the first 10 games... Cards that I now can get $20 for I was able to get $100-200 for...
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

If I would have listened to my fellow collectors I would have rolled in the dough and had an even better collection later on...

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
any of the high number stuff ect that is easily repalced SELL SELL SELL that way u can buy them back at a much lower rate and use the diff toget some SWEET pc cards

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I sold my Adam Dunn Gold Refractor 1999 Bowman Chrome /25 and I have regretted it ever since. One guy wants $500+ for one he keeps listing on eBay, and its the only one I have seen since I sold mine. It's my dream card. And I sold it to pay for a case of 2007 Draft that kicked me in the nuts.

Never again.

I would advise you to do the same. Sell doubles. Don't touch the hard to place items.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
Obviously sell, but I do have a question:

When does his contract expire - slash - when does he become a native of Boston or New York?

In January the Marlins locked him up for 4 years for $39 million.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac26 ... nson%20PC/

^ That's my collection, not 100% updated. ^

This is the first time I've seriously thought of parting w/doubles. I've got a few, as you may be able to tell in the photobucket album. I've never sold on eBay, which could be a drawback.

As for puchases, I know what I spent on 99.9% of the cards in the collection. I'll be buying my brother's '06 Exquisite Quad auto of JJ, Hanley, Cabrera and Uggla /10 as well for a reduced price, but a price we've agreed on (ages ago, but he never gets up this way). So, mrwhitesox30, if there's something you see that wow's you, PLMK and I can give you a price.

Eric - I saw that sale. I was shocked, but, considering that '02 stuff has been white hot, I expected it to be gone w/in 24 hours (since I had put it on my watch list).

Oh, and the Finest '06 BGS 8.5 auto gold xfractor #'d/10, I only paid $25 dlvd for it (but it's the only one I've got :cry: )

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Just watched Star Wars so Yoda's on the brain...
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
but...
"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

OK, so that's a really geeky way to describe the situation. But if someone's particularly torn up about it, moving some stuff that's *easily* replaceable may be a suitable compromise as someone said above.

bballjunky24 said:
Trust me when I say as a major player collector... SELL SELL SELL...

I made the mistake of keeping all of the Mark Reynolds cards that I didn't have dupes of back in 2008 when he came out of the gate with like 7 hrs in the first 10 games... Cards that I now can get $20 for I was able to get $100-200 for...
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

If I would have listened to my fellow collectors I would have rolled in the dough and had an even better collection later on...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
55_marlins_sp said:
http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/joshjohnson55/Josh%20Johnson%20PC/

This is the first time I've seriously thought of parting w/doubles. I've got a few, as you may be able to tell in the photobucket album. I've never sold on eBay, which could be a drawback.

As for puchases, I know what I spent on 99.9% of the cards in the collection. I'll be buying my brother's '06 Exquisite Quad auto of JJ, Hanley, Cabrera and Uggla /10 as well for a reduced price, but a price we've agreed on (ages ago, but he never gets up this way). So, mrwhitesox30, if there's something you see that wow's you, PLMK and I can give you a price.

Eric - I saw that sale. I was shocked, but, considering that '02 stuff has been white hot, I expected it to be gone w/in 24 hours (since I had put it on my watch list).

Oh, and the Finest '06 BGS 8.5 auto gold xfractor #'d/10, I only paid $25 dlvd for it (but it's the only one I've got :cry: )

His stuff has not reached its peak IMO........I picked up 2 refractor chromes and 2 black chromes (all autos) and a ultimate /180 for $200 dlvd......I think at worst I can double my money if he has another shut out.

What worries me, however, is the trade talk I hear about Uggla and Cantu going to contenders.........The pitcher is only good as his win total (look at Travis wood......2.03 ERA and 1 ER and the last 16 innings and in three starts has a losing record 0-1).

I fear that he will be in games that are 1-0 or 2-1 and just not have the offense to get the wins to make it an interesting CY Young race.......A low ERA only gets you so far.

I would honestly tell you in the next 2 weeks to sell EVERYTHING and then pick it back up in the off season at half the price.

Come on, base chromes going for almost 10 a piece? S E L L !

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
EricInCT said:
55_marlins_sp said:
http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/joshjohnson55/Josh%20Johnson%20PC/

His stuff has not reached its peak IMO........I picked up 2 refractor chromes and 2 black chromes (all autos) and a ultimate /180 for $200 dlvd......I think at worst I can double my money if he has another shut out.

What worries me, however, is the trade talk I hear about Uggla and Cantu going to contenders.........The pitcher is only good as his win total (look at Travis wood......2.03 ERA and 1 ER and the last 16 innings and in three starts has a losing record 0-1).

I fear that he will be in games that are 1-0 or 2-1 and just not have the offense to get the wins to make it an interesting CY Young race.......A low ERA only gets you so far.

I would honestly tell you in the next 2 weeks to sell EVERYTHING and then pick it back up in the off season at half the price.

Come on, base chromes going for almost 10 a piece? S E L L !

I'm never worried about the trade talks of others. It's not like Uggla and Cantu would get dealt and JJ would give up 8 runs a game. Even if he did blow up a game or two, I wouldn't worry. His bullpen has given up SEVERAL wins already this year ... :evil:

If I picked them up in the off-season for 1/2 the price they're going for, I'd still be paying way over what I got them for :(

I'm more inclined to get rid of dupes than stuff I only have one of, but, there could be deals worked out ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts