Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Help with an EBAY situation any help is appreciated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
So back on June 29th i sold a Buster Posey Bowman Chrome BGS 9 ref auto for 115.00 BO. At the time the offer was high and i was very surprised the guy offered what he did. So i contacted him asking him when he could pay he said he was sending an echeck and it would clear in 5 days. Well 4 days later i get a message from paypal saying the echeck will now clear on july 15th and I contacted paypal to find out why and what was up and all they could tell me was to contact the buyer and check back with them.

So then i start emailing the buyer and ask him to contact me so i can figure out what is going on and why it will take so long for the echeck to clear. He NEVER responds to one of my many emails and at this point.

Then i get an email from paypal and ebay saying the Echeck has been cancelled and reversed and this was on july 13th. Now i realize he wont be paying for the card and to just move on and try and re-sell it.

Well Now buster posey is the hottest hitter in the majors and his cards are skyrocketing. So what do you know tonight i get message from paypal saying the buyer has sent u the money for the card.

I need to know what people think do i need to honor this purchase as he clearly was not honest and had horrible communication in dealing with this transaction. IMO He clearly is only paying now cuz of what buster has done . I even sent him emails saying i was relisting the card and moving on.

any opinions and thoughts is greatly appreciated as i never been in this type of situation and have flawless perfect feedback.
Thanks

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
Well, even though he screwed around with you he did end up paying for it and you can't leave him a negative so it's up to you if you want to send it or take the negative from him. Did you list the card again before he paid the 2nd time?

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I'd say you move on from him. He obviously wasn't going to purchase the item the first time around, so it's his loss. If I haven't been paid from an auction after I week, I pretty assume I'm not going to get the payment. Usually if people WANT the item they pay immediately because they want the item in their hands as soon as possible. This buyer had remorse, he's lucky you didn't neg him, refund his payment with a one word title on the Email 'Really?'

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I'd refund the money and say:

"Sorry, once you cancelled the original payment (nearly a week ago), I took that as a sign you were cancelling the transaction, so the card has since been relisted. You're welcome to bid again, but if are to you win, I expect immediate payment (no eCheck)."

To me, him cancelling payment is him cancelling the transaction. You may get a negative out of it, but any additional money you can make out of it will outweight the negative. If he does leave a negative, you just respond to the feedback with "buyer cancelled eCheck payment, card was relisted."

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Did you close a NPB case on him already? If so, just relist the card and take the extra money. If you didn't, then you have to worry about him leaving you a neg.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The eCheck obviously failed to clear, or he managed to cancel it somehow ( i don't think you can cancel them).

I think you should refund his money and explain to him that he really should've contacted you.

Maybe ask him why he didn't pay and why the eCheck got canceled. What's Posey at now, how much money are we dealing with?

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Just sounds like his check bounced and he found a way to pay for it. It's late, but he did pay.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
People scam with eChecks all the time. Since an eCheck takes time to clear a person could hope to receive their item prior to the check clearing (they can be canceled anytime) and then they can cancel (or issue the check with NSF) the eCheck and voila... free card.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Sly said:

"Sorry, once you cancelled the original payment (nearly a week ago), I took that as a sign you were cancelling the transaction, so the card has since been relisted. You're welcome to bid again, but if are to you win, I expect immediate payment (no eCheck)."

To me, him cancelling payment is him cancelling the transaction. You may get a negative out of it, but any additional money you can make out of it will outweight the negative. If he does leave a negative, you just respond to the feedback with "buyer cancelled eCheck payment, card was relisted."
I think when you "bounce" a e-check twice it automatically gets cancelled. I've had this same situation with a buyer before so I know what you are going through.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
thank you everyone for the help and suggestions. The fact that he would not respond to one of my emails tells me he clearly is trying to pull one over on me and take advantage of the fact that the Posey market has gone way up.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Rickzcards said:
Sly said:

I think when you "bounce" a e-check twice it automatically gets cancelled. I've had this same situation with a buyer before so I know what you are going through.

I bounced an e-check (well, money withdrawn from paypal) and it cost me either 25 or 40 bucks, I was furious. Because it was literally a 3 dollar fee or something that they didn't inform me of. I wanted to knife someone. I mean, I set everything up so my *internet* account doesn't have any access at all to my *real world* account just for safety, but ugh. Thankfully my bank refunded me the money and I didn't have a damn aneurysm but bah!

So yes, i think it'd be silly to push an NSF to save out on a card.

What's the price different again.

Anything less than 20 bucks, I think I'd say screw it and just send him the card and save myself the trouble.

Jul 30, 2009
So someone tries to bounce a check on you and youre wondering what you should do?
Frack him, unless he can clearly explain how it was a mistake and its believable.
Either way, I wouldnt trust him and in fact, post his ID so he can be blocked please.

Members online

Latest posts