Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 7/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Yunel Escobar hits his 2nd HR in as many days. Amazing that he went 100+ games without one.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals just had a great 5th!

Pujols went yard......then later Allen Craig hit his first MLB home run, and Skip Schumaker went back to back!

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
7-Run 3rd for the Rays up 8-0 against Baltimore Top 4.

Longoria is already 3-3 through four innings. Crawford with a triple and run.

MLB passed a new rule today stating that victories against the Orioles only count for half a win in the standings.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
braden said:
Yunel Escobar hits his 2nd HR in as many days. Amazing that he went 100+ games without one.

in 75 games and 261 AB with ATL this year, 0 HRs and 19 rbi.
In 4 games and 15 or so ABs with Toronto, 2 HRs and 7 rbi.

As a jays fan, its nice to see a trade start paying immediate divedends.
Usually its the other teams who do well with our former players.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
JzWand said:
braden said:

Glad to see he's hitting and I honestly think the change of scenery and actually hitting in front of somebody good in the lineup is going to help. Sorry Melky.

I still think this is going to be another bad trade for the Braves. Gonzalez was playing over his head while Yunel was having an atrocious season.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
JzWand said:
braden said:

Glad to see he's hitting and I honestly think the change of scenery and actually hitting in front of somebody good in the lineup is going to help. Sorry Melky.

I still think this is going to be another bad trade for the Braves. Gonzalez was playing over his head while Yunel was having an atrocious season.

Yeah, I can see this being a BIG win for the Jays in a couple of years. That said, I do think Tim Collins will end up being a major league producer, but most likely in a middle relief role with an outside shot of being a good closer.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

MLB passed a new rule today stating that victories against the Orioles only count for half a win in the standings.

I know you're joking, but I'd love to see some sort of weighted win-share point system. Maybe not for baseball, since schedules are determined by the league and they use a standings system.

But definitely for college football. I don't know how it'd be weighted since I'm not a stat nerd and I'm too lazy to do any research, but it'd be something like this:

1 point for a win.
+.1 for a road win, -.1 for a home win.
For a Top 25 win: .25 points for beating the #1 team in the country, .01 for beating the #25 team (inverse points awarded based on ranking)
Margin of victory: .01 points for every point you beat a team by. Two touchdown margin of victory = .14 points

For example, if LSU beat #1 Florida in the Swamp by 10 points, LSU would recieve a win share of 1.45 [1+.1 (road win) +.25 (UF ranked #1) +.1 (margin of victory)]

This doesn't take in to account playing crappy teams. Maybe -.15 for every game your opponent's record is under .500 (calculated at the end of the season, obviously). Teams that schedule cupcakes will be punished, but can make up for it by winning by 58 points.

It would basically reward teams in stronger conferences with tough out-of-conference schedules and try to separate far inferior teams with identical records (such as Hawaii in 08).

I'm going to perfect some sort of system by the time football starts and keep standings. It'll give me something productive to do in between drinking beer and calling my bookie

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
braden said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

I know you're joking, but I'd love to see some sort of weighted win-share point system. Maybe not for baseball, since schedules are determined by the league and they use a standings system.

But definitely for college football. I don't know how it'd be weighted since I'm not a stat nerd and I'm too lazy to do any research, but it'd be something like this:

1 point for a win.
+.1 for a road win, -.1 for a home win.
For a Top 25 win: .25 points for beating the #1 team in the country, .01 for beating the #25 team (inverse points awarded based on ranking)
Margin of victory: .01 points for every point you beat a team by. Two touchdown margin of victory = .14 points

For example, if LSU beat #1 Florida in the Swamp by 10 points, LSU would recieve a win share of 1.45 [1+.1 (road win) +.25 (UF ranked #1) +.1 (margin of victory)]

This doesn't take in to account playing crappy teams. Maybe -.15 for every game your opponent's record is under .500 (calculated at the end of the season, obviously). Teams that schedule cupcakes will be punished, but can make up for it by winning by 58 points.

It would basically reward teams in stronger conferences with tough out-of-conference schedules and try to separate far inferior teams with identical records (such as Hawaii in 08).

I'm going to perfect some sort of system by the time football starts and keep standings. It'll give me something productive to do in between drinking beer and calling my bookie

a chess ELO rating system would be nice to see. you could tinker home/road stuff into it if you want.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
8-7 Rockies after Jonathan Herrera's first MLB home run. He hit a HR in batting practice about a month ago that I caught.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Prince has caught fire, homering in each of his last 3 games.

Now leads the NL in HR's at 23. :shock:

Members online