Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent BGS Sub Mail Day via FCB Group Sub - Scans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
From our recent May BGS Submission, got my cards back. A few borderline grades. Overall, pretty happy.

2006-bcp-alex-gordon-auto-85.jpg

2004-bcp-felix-hernandez-auto-9.jpg

2006-bdpp-clayton-kershaw-auto-9.jpg

2008-bcp-david-price-auto-9-1.jpg

Notice the 10 on the centering.

2008-bcp-david-price-auto-9-2.jpg

Compare to the 8.5 on the centering on this one.

2008-bdpp-buster-posey-ref-9.jpg

2009-bdpp-mike-trout-ref-9.jpg

2009-bdpp-mike-leake-ref-auto-9.jpg

2009-bdpp-mike-leake-gold-auto-9.jpg

2008-bcp-mike-moustakas-auto.jpg

2008-bdpp-mike-montgomery-ref-auto.jpg
2009-aflac-bryce-harper.jpg

2009-bdpp-mike-leake-pristine.jpg

Bought this card for $5.50 on eBay at release! :)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Re: Recent BGS Sub Mail Day via FCB Group Sub

So when you do a group sub, how do you know if you get the right cards back if someone submits the same player card as someone else?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Re: Recent BGS Sub Mail Day via FCB Group Sub

Pine Tar said:
So when you do a group sub, how do you know if you get the right cards back if someone submits the same player card as someone else?

Couple different ways.

Serial numbers (if applicable)
Hologram numbers (if applicable)
Scans of autos (if applicable)
First come first serve

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
Isn't it ironic that we have a thread from Jeff N. talking about how easy BGS is now and this thread talking about how tough the grading is on the same page? I'm not trying to take a shot at the OP by any means, I just think these threads are starting to get ridiculous.

natsprospects26

Oct 6, 2008
Dulles, VA
bballcardkid said:
natsprospects26 said:
I think we got stuck with a really tough grader. I had some cards that were 50/50 on the front that got 9's for centering.

I did great

Sweet Trouts brother. I wasn't trying to slight the system. Obviously there will be submissions that fall on each end of the spectrum and I felt this one fell on the tougher side. You can't deny there's something screwy between the two Price cards above. My submission had a few grades that had me thinking(centering), so I'll post up mine tonight for comparison.

That Sanchez must be bad on the back, because it looks beautiful on the front.

Edit: I'd love to see some scans of the backs for the cards in question.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
WJCIII said:
Isn't it ironic that we have a thread from Jeff N. talking about how easy BGS is now and this thread talking about how tough the grading is on the same page? I'm not trying to take a shot at the OP by any means, I just think these threads are starting to get ridiculous.

I watch the cards that come into these group subs and the slabs that go back to the members and have done so for over a year now. Additionally, I do a ton of subbing personally. I've seen no evidence that the % of 9.5s is skyrocketing, the group subbers are hitting the same %s they always have been (if anything recent subs have been a bit lower) and my %s have stayed roughly the same as well.

yankeesfan24

masonphillip said:
WJCIII said:

I watch the cards that come into these group subs and the slabs that go back to the members and have done so for over a year now. Additionally, I do a ton of subbing personally. I've seen no evidence that the % of 9.5s is skyrocketing, the group subbers are hitting the same %s they always have been (if anything recent subs have been a bit lower) and my %s have stayed roughly the same as well.
i am curious how a group sub works? do we all send them in ourselves, or do we send them to one person and they do it? also how do we know which ones are ours like mentioned earlier if we sub the same? my next question is when is the next sub? or would it be easier to get them graded at the national then wait?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
yankeesfan24 said:
masonphillip said:
WJCIII said:

i am curious how a group sub works? do we all send them in ourselves, or do we send them to one person and they do it? also how do we know which ones are ours like mentioned earlier if we sub the same? my next question is when is the next sub? or would it be easier to get them graded at the national then wait?

1. You send the cards to be, I sub them, get the group rate, send the slabs back to you.
2. To distinguish unique cards we look at serial #'s and hologram #'s, if that doesn't work, it is first come first serve. I.E. you say "I"m subbing Jason Heyward 2007 Chromes" and no one else can.
3. The next sub will be due to me by August 20th, check the grading forum for more information.
4. It would be easy to grade them at the national however, more expensive.

natsprospects26

Oct 6, 2008
Dulles, VA
masonphillip said:
yankeesfan24 said:
masonphillip said:
1. You send the cards to be, I sub them, get the group rate, send the slabs back to you.
2. To distinguish unique cards we look at serial #'s and hologram #'s, if that doesn't work, it is first come first serve. I.E. you say "I"m subbing Jason Heyward 2007 Chromes" and no one else can.
3. The next sub will be due to me by August 20th, check the grading forum for more information.

Can I get a little clarification on this rule, "First Come First Serve"? I had a situation this month where I had listed a card without a unique identifier. A previous poster in the topic "saved his spot" but later went back and edited his list to include the card I had in my post. I decided not to make it an issue since I wasn't positive that I actually listed mine first, plus I was late in getting my cards out. Who has the rights in this situation though?

yankeesfan24

masonphillip said:
yankeesfan24 said:
masonphillip said:
WJCIII said:

thanks, since i really only have three cards in mind to get graded, is it that much of a price difference???

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
I really like seeing the final product from the group subs. My package was delivered today so I'll add some scans later. Hope no one minds some football!

B

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
natsprospects26 said:
masonphillip said:
yankeesfan24 said:
masonphillip said:

Can I get a little clarification on this rule, "First Come First Serve"? I had a situation this month where I had listed a card without a unique identifier. A previous poster in the topic "saved his spot" but later went back and edited his list to include the card I had in my post. I decided not to make it an issue since I wasn't positive that I actually listed mine first, plus I was late in getting my cards out. Who has the rights in this situation though?

The first one to post the card and name in the thread gets rights. If a situation like the previous one arises again, just let me know.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Piratesfan1418 said:
I really like seeing the final product from the group subs. My package was delivered today so I'll add some scans later. Hope no one minds some football!

B

Your Troy P's are always awesome!

Members online

Latest posts