Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anybody win the triple crown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
I was talking about this with my dad the other day and neither of us really thought anybody could do it mainly because they stop pitching to you near the end of the year. We thought if anybody could do it though it would be Pujols due to his consistency.

What does everybody else think?

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
miguelcabrera said:
MIGGY MIGGY

I hope so since I am a Tigers fan and he's my favorite player. Went to four games when I was there last month and in one game he hit a three run homer to put them ahead for the win.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
A slump of injury to either Hamilton, or Cabrera could allow the other to win it. It would be cool to see someone finally win it again.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
More likely now than it has been in a while. The extremes of power hitting since mid-90s made it impossible. Now, if usual league leaders drop into the 40s again, it might be possible. If you get a big lead in homers early, lack of opportunities can help you keep BA up. RBI, of course, is the wild card because it depends on your teammates. But I'd bet more guys have had 2/3 with HR and RBI than anything else, so maybe it's not so wild.

But anyway, Triple Crown is only slightly more likely than a 30-game winner. Since the last Crown winner, there have been, what, 8 teams added, and hitters are better and more specialized. Very tough.

Members online

Latest posts