Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A tad more information on 2010 donruss elite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Not a whole lot, but here ya go

vitek2.PNG

holaday2.PNG

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Since the players are pictured in college and high school uniforms, does it matter if Panini just produces the cards regardless of whether or not the player has signed with his team yet?

This isn't like BDP, where Topps has to wait for a player to sign because they're showing them in major league unis

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Since the players are pictured in college and high school uniforms, does it matter if Panini just produces the cards regardless of whether or not the player has signed with his team yet?

This isn't like BDP, where Topps has to wait for a player to sign because they're showing them in major league unis

It doesn't matter if they signed, Panini can contract them and produce the cards.

That being said, collectors are certainly more interested in signed players, however, they can go forward with these players auto contracts now and realize that 90% or more of them are going to sign eventually.

In my opinion having a player or two in there who didn't sign would be a small price to pay for getting your product out so far ahead of the other draft products.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What I find most interesting is that there's no mention of "Boston" on Vitek's card.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
masonphillip said:
JoshHamilton said:

It doesn't matter if they signed, Panini can contract them and produce the cards.

That being said, collectors are certainly more interested in signed players, however, they can go forward with these players auto contracts now and realize that 90% or more of them are going to sign eventually.

In my opinion having a player or two in there who didn't sign would be a small price to pay for getting your product out so far ahead of the other draft products.

Well, that's awesome and all but if a player signs with Panini, they lose all their leverage. No more "Give me 5M or else I'm going to Rice" or "Pay me dollar dollar bills or else I'll go back to Kentucky and just finish out my career...woops"

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
pigskincardboard said:
masonphillip said:
JoshHamilton said:

Well, that's awesome and all but if a player signs with Panini, they lose all their leverage. No more "Give me 5M or else I'm going to Rice" or "Pay me dollar dollar bills or else I'll go back to Kentucky and just finish out my career...woops"

And that is why Bryce Harper won't be in here unless he signs in time.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
sdsportsfan1214 said:
I"ll def buy some but with 100 auto rookies im guessing we will see even more scrub autos this year then in previous years

I think there is no difference with the previous years. The only difference is that there was 50 base cards last year instead of an hundred.

Jul 30, 2009
Im thinking that this product will be loaded with autos of PRE 2010 draft picks because of the very early release date.

Think 2008 EEE with Brown, Pablo, etc.

Latest posts