Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time to Complete a set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Whats the longest it's taken you guys to complete a set?

I played MLB Showdown casually in 2000-2003 and seriously (in tournaments) in 2004-2005. Around 2004 I decided to try and get every single card made. It seems like it would be easy, because there aren't any short prints or anything like that, however there are promos that were given out at leagues and tourneys throughout the country, and some were impossible to find. Ten years after the first set came out, it's 2010 and I have every single card except 2 promos from 2002. I've been searching for them for about 6-7 years now to no avail, which really sucks. I know they exist too, I only know of one or two copies of each though.

If anyone cares or wants to try to find them, I need

2002 MLB Showdown DCI stamped promos of Jeff Zimmerman and Andruw Jones

If anyone finds these cards and I close a deal for them, I'll give a very nice monetary reward (probably around 50 bucks)

So, how long has it taken you guys to complete a set, or how long have you been looking for one or two ever elusive cards?

zach

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Nikobaseball said:
Whats the longest it's taken you guys to complete a set?

I played MLB Showdown casually in 2000-2003 and seriously (in tournaments) in 2004-2005. Around 2004 I decided to try and get every single card made. It seems like it would be easy, because there aren't any short prints or anything like that, however there are promos that were given out at leagues and tourneys throughout the country, and some were impossible to find. Ten years after the first set came out, it's 2010 and I have every single card except 2 promos from 2002. I've been searching for them for about 6-7 years now to no avail, which really sucks. I know they exist too, I only know of one or two copies of each though.

If anyone cares or wants to try to find them, I need

2002 MLB Showdown DCI stamped promos of Jeff Zimmerman and Andruw Jones

If anyone finds these cards and I close a deal for them, I'll give a very nice monetary reward (probably around 50 bucks)

So, how long has it taken you guys to complete a set, or how long have you been looking for one or two ever elusive cards?

zach

cool, I have a bunch of 02 Id like to sell, but unfortunately I dont think I have any promos

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
It took me 7 months to complete the 2003 Bowman Chrome set base and autos. Sometimes I grabbed refractors just to hold the place on the autos, but I eventually got it done. I opened at least 1 1/2 cases and I never pulled a Contreas. I finally found one on ebay that was cheap enough to get it done. I later sold the complete set on ebay and then the rest of my autos in a seperate auction. Looking back it was a lot of fun, but I should've save the extra autos. I remember having atleast 1 gold of Hanley and McCann. Oh well. It was a fun chase

~AJ

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I have been working on my 1972 Topps set for almost 4 years.The high numbers are a bitch and expensive for commons.I have every other Topps set from 1970-current.
Mike

Members online

Latest posts