Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Baseball Factory Sets - RED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'd think most sets do stay sealed...but more may be opened if these take off.

EDIT: It appears a big dealer decided to bust a bunch open, unsurprisingly prices seem high to me -- of course BINs. Thanks for posting this info.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I wouldn't overpay. Someone, somewhere is breaking a ton of this stuff. I remember there being a minor frenzy on the 4-6 rookies exclusive to last year's NFL topps factory sets. Those cards STILL show up all the time and sell for little more than their base counterparts.

Meanwhile, also from last year's NFL topps factory sets... they released Target Exclusive factory sets a few months after the regular factory sets had flooded the market. These sets had 1-2 different exclusive patch cards in them, including one of the guy I collect, and I was nervous for awhile that these would be tough to find as most would stay in the sets.

The first few sold for like $20 but now they can still be had for less than $5.

Just as people like us worry about these cards not getting out there, so do people like these eBay sellers think they can make extra money by breaking one and selling off the exclusive cards. It's a system that rewards patience.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
rehmus said:
I wouldn't overpay. Someone, somewhere is breaking a ton of this stuff....

Just as people like us worry about these cards not getting out there, so do people like these eBay sellers think they can make extra money by breaking one and selling off the exclusive cards. It's a system that rewards patience.

I hear you, and try to use that philosophy for higher $ cards. For these though, it's worth an extra $2 for the peace of mind. If I let one of these go thinking I could get this $6 card for only $3 someday, and never saw it again.... I'd go out of my mind!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
$1500 Strasburg

Is there an indication how many of these are in each set? If there's only 1, they will definitely be hard to find. Sets are what, $50? As packs go, that's kind of middle-high end these days, but there's at least something of value in each.

Members online

Latest posts