Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any opinions of the Astros Chris Johnson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Just won a red ref auto /5 of him for the hell of it. ($125 didnt seem too bad)

I know he hit a ton of home runs in spring training and is hitting over .300 in the Majors so just wondering what people think of him.

Figured if he can become a solid MLB player, my purchase was a good investment. ;)

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Personally, I think only giving him 20 something AB's the first month of the season, then demoting him, watching him tear up AAA, then recalling him in midsummer after watching him lead the bigs in longballs this spring is the reason why the Astros suck. I'm a fan.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
I'm not a fan of him. Never really hit in the minors for high average (.270) or HR (41). I see him becoming a filler 3b hitting in the 7th position for a MLB team.

Players that come to mind:
Craig Paquette
Chris Sabo (maybe too generous)
Terry Pendelton

Very nice card, of a mediocre at best player. (of course this is my opinion).

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Jurgy25 said:
I'm not a fan of him. Never really hit in the minors for high average (.270) or HR (41). I see him becoming a filler 3b hitting in the 7th position for a MLB team.

Players that come to mind:
Craig Paquette
Chris Sabo (maybe too generous)
Terry Pendelton

Very nice card, of a mediocre at best player. (of course this is my opinion).

Those comparisons seem incredibly generous. Pendleton won an MVP and had nearly 2000 hits over a 15 year career, Sabo had a couple of 20HR seasons I believe. I could see Johnson getting the chance to start on what should be some pretty weak 'Stros teams over the next couple seasons, but ultimately he looks like a utility type guy or bench piece.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I have a /25 elite auto and 2 of his /99 elite autos, I guess now is the time to sell !

Members online

Latest posts