Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Taylor is heating up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Michael Taylor looks as if he's shaking off the early season woes marred with injuries and adjustments, and is starting to punish PCL pitching. He's also moved up in the lineup, hitting 3rd now.

His July line (not including tonight's game) is .344/.437/.508 after posting a solid late June slash.

I know HoustonTeams4Me is thrilled to see him get hot! Me too...

taylorred.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Nice Bowman Red! Usually those are chipped, thought about grading it?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Skorris CCBC said:
Nice Bowman Red! Usually those are chipped, thought about grading it?

I think this is th efirst nice one I have ever seen. See: 2010 Bowman Red Strasburg Auto.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Makes me want to take down my contenders 9.5/10 Taylor auto for under 100 , surprised no one hit it since it is so rare.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
You guys have convinced me to get it slabbed. Obviously, there is a premium if it gems but is there a value increase if a card like this comes back a 9?

Thinking of putting a min grade of 9.5 as a form of inception on the graders to place the idea of gemming this card into their subconscious...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
yankeesfan24 said:
that definately looks good, id put a min 9.5 on it, you have nothing to lose but maybe $30, but it is in really good condition, so i would expect to get it back graded

Get us a picture of the back so we can save you $30 if it isn't gemmable.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I talked to the Rivercats hitting coach about the slow starts with Taylor and Carter. He basically told me that the A's were wanting them to see a couple of more pitches per at bat which is a A's philosophy and the two were letting good pitches go bye.

Since that discussion on Sunday, Carter has hit 4 HR'S.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
19braves77 said:
I talked to the Rivercats hitting coach about the slow starts with Taylor and Carter. He basically told me that the A's were wanting them to see a couple of more pitches per at bat which is a A's philosophy and the two were letting good pitches go bye.

Since that discussion on Sunday, Carter has hit 4 HR'S.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

To the others: I am sending this thru the FCB sub, but I missed this month's deadline.

Appreciate the feedback. Here's a scan of the back:

taylorredback.jpg

Members online

Latest posts