Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1977 trivia questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
for the year 1977

#1 he was picked as his league's best fielding pitcher. It was the 16th time he had been so honored.. who am I?
congrats to 383astro for nameing Jim katt with his 1977 topps card #638

#2 they said that the DH would diminish the use of pinch-hitters, but he set a major league record py pinch-hitting in 86 games.. Who am i ?????
congrats to leatherman for saying merv Rettenmund topps #659

#3 he became the 1st pitcher since Sandy Koufax to win 20 games, lead in won-lost perscentage, and also in ERA. Who am I????
congrats to leatherman for saying john candelaria topps #510

#4 Jim Palmer won 20 games for the seventh time in eight years, but this year he was joined by two first-timers. One was from the Royals. Who am I????
congrats to i43770 for getting this Dennis Leonard topps #75

Bonus round
#5 (goes with question #4) the other 20-game winnwer in the A.L. pitched for Minnesota.. Who am I???
congrats to i43770 for getting this one dave goltz topps #321

good luck!

More years to come!

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
#1 he was picked as his league's best fielding pitcher. It was the 16th time he had been so honored.. who am I?

#2 they said that the DH would diminish the use of pinch-hitters, but he set a major league record py pinch-hitting in 86 games.. Who am i ?????

Mota?

#3 he became the 1st pitcher since Sandy Koufax to win 20 games, lead in won-lost perscentage, and also in ERA. Who am I????

Carlton?

#4 Jim Palmer won 20 games for the seventh time in eight years, but this year he was joined by two first-timers. One was from the Royals. Who am I????

Paul Splittoff ?

Bonus round
#5 (goes with question #4) the other 20-game winnwer in the A.L. pitched for Minnesota.. Who am I???

Blyleven?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
for the year 1977

Dennis Leonard

Bonus round
Dave Goltz
good luck!

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
bongo870 said:
for the year 1977

Bonus round

Jim Kaat
Merv Rettenmund
John Candelaria
Dennis Leonard
Dave Goltz

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
PeteD said:

Mota?

Carlton?

Paul Splittoff ?

Bonus round

Blyleven?

Sorry nope on all

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
i43770 said:
for the year 1977

Dennis Leonard

Bonus round
Dave Goltz
good luck!

correct on #4 and 5!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
leatherman said:
bongo870 said:
for the year 1977

Bonus round

Jim Kaat
Merv Rettenmund
John Candelaria
Dennis Leonard
Dave Goltz

You got the rest of them right!

Members online

Latest posts