Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How did I do on these Wilmer Golds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
I bought 2 Wilmer gold ref autos /50 the other day and I honestly didnt know what to pay for them because I havnt seen any sell. I negotiated a price with the seller a we came up with a price of $575 for the pair. Im not sure how I did and I would like some imput and opinions. I have a pretty big wilmer stash and am pretty high on him but just curious how I did on the golds. Thanks Guys.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w281 ... 4848_o.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w281 ... 4905_o.jpg

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I'm thinking that was sarcasm from mox as these were $80-$110 shipped last October. They still have some room to grow, but the seller made good money on these, I'm guessing.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Joshua.Roundtree said:
I'm thinking that was sarcasm from mox as these were $80-$110 shipped last October. They still have some room to grow, but the seller made good money on these, I'm guessing.

i think he overpaid current market value but i really do think that wilmers current prices are really cheap.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I know that Wilmer stuff dipped after last season but think at the end of last year even the best prospects were cheap. For instance, Heyward Chrome autos at $40-45 all day. Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that everything costs more right now. The hype created by 2010 Bowman has spilled on to any hot or potentially hot prospect. Also, the Wilmer Golds were $300+ as redemptions. I remember because that swayed me to go with blues.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
If he really blows up one day there are going to be far fewer than the normal print run of all his stuff since they were redemptions. I wish I had more than what I have of his. I think he has just as much potential to blow up big one day as any guys in the minors now. Never hurts to be in NY.

Steve K.

Sep 8, 2009
Another factor that might affect supply when and if he gets hot: The majority of refractors, #/500 and rarer, that I've seen show up on eBay are badly centered left-to-right. So well-centered cards will probably fetch a premium.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Steve K. said:
Another factor that might affect supply when and if he gets hot: The majority of refractors, #/500 and rarer, that I've seen show up on eBay are badly centered left-to-right. So well-centered cards will probably fetch a premium.

Yeah, the Refractors/500 are notorious for being O/C. Here's mine:

Fronta13.png

Fronta12.png

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Steve K.":128k5c1g]Another factor that might affect supply when and if he gets hot: The majority of refractors, #/500 and rarer, that I've seen show up on eBay are badly centered left-to-right. So well-centered cards will probably fetch a premium.

Fronta13.png

Fronta12.png
[/quote:128k5c1g]

True, but anyone who had those cards previously probably sent them in to BGS or at least considered it depending on the surface and corners.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Steve K.":18vih0zx]Another factor that might affect supply when and if he gets hot: The majority of refractors, #/500 and rarer, that I've seen show up on eBay are badly centered left-to-right. So well-centered cards will probably fetch a premium.

Fronta13.png

Fronta12.png
[/quote:18vih0zx]

I don't know, the one in the bottom right looks like it should pull at least a 9.5 centering grade, if not a 10.

::facepalm::

yankeesfan24

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":36bnwjbv][quote="Steve K.":36bnwjbv]Another factor that might affect supply when and if he gets hot: The majority of refractors, #/500 and rarer, that I've seen show up on eBay are badly centered left-to-right. So well-centered cards will probably fetch a premium.

Fronta13.png

Fronta12.png
[/quote:36bnwjbv]

I don't know, the one in the bottom right looks like it should pull at least a 9.5 centering grade, if not a 10.

::facepalm::[/quote:36bnwjbv]
it would be a 10 if it had Strasburg on it :lol:

Members online