Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1984 baseball trivia!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
here we go 1984

#1 Fourteen years to the day after he got credit for the victory that won the N.L. playoff manager "sparky" Anderson, he was the winning pitcher in the A.L.-playoff decider, for the same manager... Who am I??
congrats to sebpoo for saying milt Wilcox topps #588

#2 he went , in one year, from winning Cy young Award to leading the league in losses.. Who am I???
congrats to klute14 for saying LaMarr Hoyt topps card #97

#3In addition to having theor first divition winner, San Diego also had the national league batting champion.. who am I???
congrats to klute14 for saying Tony gwynn topps card #251

#4 I was the pitcher that Reggie Jackson hit his 500th carrer home run.. Who am I???
congrats to sebpoo for saying Bud Black topps #26

#5 At age 40, he was traded, and wound up tying for the lead in home runs on his new club.. who ws I????
good job klute14 for getting craig nettles topps #175

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
1. ????
2. Lamar Hoyt
3. Tony Gwynn
4. Erick Plunk
5. Darrell Evans

bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

#1 Fourteen years to the day after he got credit for the victory that won the N.L. playoff manager "sparky" Anderson, he was the winning pitcher in the A.L.-playoff decider, for the same manager... Who am I??

#2 he went , in one year, from winning Cy young Award to leading the league in losses.. Who am I???

#3In addition to having theor first divition winner, San Diego also had the national league batting champion.. who am I???

#4 I was the pitcher that Reggie Jackson hit his 500th carrer home run.. Who am I???

#5 At age 40, he was traded, and wound up tying for the lead in home runs on his new club.. who ws I????

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
klute14 said:
1. ????
2. Lamar Hoyt
3. Tony Gwynn
4. Erick Plunk
5. Darrell Evans

bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

Close
you got #2 and 3 right

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

#1 Fourteen years to the day after he got credit for the victory that won the N.L. playoff manager "sparky" Anderson, he was the winning pitcher in the A.L.-playoff decider, for the same manager... Who am I?? Milt Wilcox

#4 I was the pitcher that Reggie Jackson hit his 500th carrer home run.. Who am I??? Bud Black

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

#1 Fourteen years to the day after he got credit for the victory that won the N.L. playoff manager "sparky" Anderson, he was the winning pitcher in the A.L.-playoff decider, for the same manager... Who am I?? Milt Wilcox

#4 I was the pitcher that Reggie Jackson hit his 500th carrer home run.. Who am I??? Bud Black

Correct! one mroe to go!

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
bongo870 said:
sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

Correct! one mroe to go!

Q #5...is it a player who was traded prior to the 1984 season or during the season ?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
5. Graig Nettles

sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

Correct! one mroe to go!

Q #5...is it a player who was traded prior to the 1984 season or during the season ?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
klute14 said:
5. Graig Nettles

sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
sebpoo said:
bongo870 said:
here we go 1984

Correct! one mroe to go!

nailed it! Good one too. That was a hard i thought!

Latest posts