Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Small find last night... it's something I guess!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
We were cleaning out the garage and I opened a rubbermaid tub in the back of the garage and pulled out some cool stuff...

-US Silver Coin Proof Sets (almost the entire 70s decade with a 68)
-1970 Topps Fran Tarkenton
-Baseball cards

What I found was kinda cool... It's a 1991 Topps Traded Set, not worth much but was very cool. I also found a bunch of random base cards, some big names... Jack Morris was the big one I remember... Amongst other overproduced cards. I told my dad and apparently they are his. Hopefully he passes them on.

I know it isn't much, and there is no need to hate... because I don't live in New England where people open desk drawers and find a bunch of t206 cards... I enjoyed it because I never knew my father collected like this so it was nice to find out.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
forgot about a bunch of nice valuable coins, you found 91 topps!!! :lol:

jk, cool stuff.
DA card has new sets from the bad wax era for cheap. with the free shipping on certain orders you can load up on that crap for good ttm cards.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
We were cleaning out the garage and I opened a rubbermaid tub in the back of the garage and pulled out some cool stuff...

-Baseball cards

What I found was kinda cool... It's a 1991 Topps Traded Set, not worth much but was very cool. I also found a bunch of random base cards, some big names... Jack Morris was the big one I remember... Amongst other overproduced cards. I told my dad and apparently they are his. Hopefully he passes them on.

I know it isn't much, and there is no need to hate... because I don't live in New England where people open desk drawers and find a bunch of t206 cards... I enjoyed it because I never knew my father collected like this so it was nice to find out.

That's a fun find, if you've got your priorities right (which you apparently do). Learning that you and your dad share the same hobbies? Priceless.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
maxpower said:
TBTwinsFan said:

-Baseball cards

That's a fun find, if you've got your priorities right (which you apparently do). Learning that you and your dad share the same hobbies? Priceless.

I will probably take the Tarkenton and have it slabbed and give it back to him or something.

Those coins he said he traded some cards for. They are in the original containers too... which is epic! He also thinks his mom may have bought them too as she bought me a couple proof sets. So I don't know. I will take a good look through them tonight to see what all is in there.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
nice finds man. im a glad to see people still get excited over baseball cards and not the 500-10,000 dollar ones too. I love basc commons! any find is cool!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bongo870 said:
nice finds man. im a glad to see people still get excited over baseball cards and not the 500-10,000 dollar ones too. I love basc commons! any find is cool!

Oh I love finding cards. It makes me wonder how they got there (If I find them in a drawer or something)

Members online

Latest posts