Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alberto Callaspo to the Angels....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
happy with the move but i wish we didn't deal him a few years back. i had a large stash but i got rid of most of the higher end cards and autos. oh well, at least i still have these...

-2004 Bowman White #/245
-2004 Bowman Chrome(3)
-2004 Bowman Chrome Xfractor #/172(4)
-2004 Elite Extra Ed. Red #/50
-2004 Elite Extra Ed. Blue #/50
-2004 Elite Extra Ed. #/1000
-2004 Topps Pristine(2)
-2004 Topps Pristine #/999(4)
-2004 Topps Pristine #/499
-2004 Topps Pristine Refractor #/999(3)
-2004 Topps Pristine Refractor #/399
-2004 Topps Pristine Gold Refractor #/41

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
A nice get, tempered by the fact that he was theirs to begin with!

Man, the Brandon Wood situation cannot get any worse. They've taken a hot stock and held it way too long. If they trade him, what can they possibly get at this point?

I almost feel like they have to keep him because the only thing worse than paying his salary for doing nothing is saving on his salary, but having him break out with a different team.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think you just made AKA's day...

I've got one X but that's about it. Good move for him and for the Angels too.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Woot..woot..Later Royals. Him and Aybar are back together. They were great teammates in the minors.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Another cool thing is Callaspo is in a Angels uniform on his rookie cards. I think the Angels are a perfect fit for him. Not sure why they got rid of him in the first place.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
chompsmcgee said:
Is this a preemptive move by KC to open the door for Moustakas this year?

Maybe a September call up at the most. Betemit will cover 3B from here on out. I think Gordon will comeback as a OF'r.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Another cool thing is Callaspo is in a Angels uniform on his rookie cards. I think the Angels are a perfect fit for him. Not sure why they got rid of him in the first place.

we had aybar, kendrick, izturis, rodriguez and wood at the time.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Why?

There can't be an easier question to answer...THE Legendary...Jason Bulger.

Then again, the Angels had Howie Kendrick convincing them that he would be challenging for batting titles every season so Callaspo was expendable.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
So is he going to be Angels everyday third baseman?

i would say so, he'll at least split time with mighty maicer izturis. frandsen will play sparingly and wood will ride the pine. wood will probably be sent to the dominican this winter with 1 last shot to compete for the job in st. if he has a poor showing, the angels will more than likely cut ties with him.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
he definitely fits into the angels mold:

Walk Rate of under 9 percent!?!?! Bring him in!

Morales, Check! 5ish
Kendrick, Check! 4ish
Aybar, Check! 7ish
Wood, Check! 2ish
Napoli! 7
Rivera! 6!
Mathis! 4!

It's so weird that the Angles develop kids that can just hit but bring in free agents that walk: Abreu, Hunter, Matsui...

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
he definitely fits into the angels mold:

Walk Rate of under 9 percent!?!?! Bring him in!

Morales, Check! 5ish
Kendrick, Check! 4ish
Aybar, Check! 7ish
Wood, Check! 2ish
Napoli! 7
Rivera! 6!
Mathis! 4!

It's so weird that the Angles develop kids that can just hit but bring in free agents that walk: Abreu, Hunter, Matsui...

what can i say? hack-cher is a great hitting coach

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
maxpower said:
Man, the Brandon Wood situation cannot get any worse. They've taken a hot stock and held it way too long. If they trade him, what can they possibly get at this point?

Nothing is what they could get for him. He's tied with Pedro Feliz for being the worst player in the Major Leagues this year.
I don't see him getting another shot, atleast not at a full time position. Maybe he ends up being a decent utility guy. Scioscia didn't really want to give him a shot this year but didn't really have another choice.

Members online