Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor's Rookie Retro... why is the price dropping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Seems like the price is inching down on Blowout ... cases went from $1389 to $1350 to $1340. Hardly a huge drop, but why?

Product's not out yet and, without debating the merits of the product, people do seem interested in it.

Is it the predicted chance of hitting a $75 card for $250? That doesn't seem that different than your odds with Exquisite or Sterling.

The only thing I can think of is the lack of a checklist... any other ideas?

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
maxpower said:
Seems like the price is inching down on Blowout ... cases went from $1389 to $1350 to $1340. Hardly a huge drop, but why?

Product's not out yet and, without debating the merits of the product, people do seem interested in it.

Is it the predicted chance of hitting a $75 card for $250? That doesn't seem that different than your odds with Exquisite or Sterling.

The only thing I can think of is the lack of a checklist... any other ideas?

My guess is that pre-orders aren't where they want them to be and that they might lowering the price in order to boost sales.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
All In Cards said:
Its normal, lots of hype at 1st, slows down and before release goes back up

That makes sense. Was there already a spike in price from when it first released?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
maxpower said:
All In Cards said:
Its normal, lots of hype at 1st, slows down and before release goes back up

That makes sense. Was there already a spike in price from when it first released?

It came out significantly high. It's going to be a fun break for those who can afford it and risk blowing a thousand bucks for a AWESOME upside.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Don"t know but I am looking for a case and if it is a little cheaper the better. :D

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
bmp1 said:
Thanks for the post. Just bought a case from blowout.

Not my intention, but no problem. FYI, Global (one of FCB's sponsors) has a price match function and I think they'd typically match or beat Blowout if you got in touch with them.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I think it would be great if Global resold the Strasburg Super from one of its Razor cases, I have a funny feeling its gonna happen!

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Don't really want to open a can of worms here but I am not sure why everyone is up in arms about the $75 card possibility. I can't even count how many $220 Sterling breaks return $40-$60, and Sterling lacks a single card worth over $10k, where as this product boasts at least 2 (maybe 3 or 4?), with a smaller print run.

Anyways... pre-orders fluctuate in price due to demand, so demand must be lower than expected. It'll be fun to see breaks of this soon.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
piggy1918 said:
Don't really want to open a can of worms here but I am not sure why everyone is up in arms about the $75 card possibility. I can't even count how many $220 Sterling breaks return $40-$60, and Sterling lacks a single card worth over $10k, where as this product boasts at least 2 (maybe 3 or 4?), with a smaller print run.

Anyways... pre-orders fluctuate in price due to demand, so demand must be lower than expected. It'll be fun to see breaks of this soon.

Topps Sterling seems to be one of the worst breaks, maybe on a par with Triple Threads, ever. I recalled watching a Las Vegas dealer on Youtube open an entire case in his shop - I watched almost live as he put them up -- and I figured even if his cost was $200 a box, he had less than $400 worth of sellable goods and he lost about $1600.

I am considering a case of this stuff... because I love irony.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Jeff N. said:
piggy1918 said:

Topps Sterling seems to be one of the worst breaks, maybe on a par with Triple Threads, ever. I recalled watching a Las Vegas dealer on Youtube open an entire case in his shop - I watched almost live as he put them up -- and I figured even if his cost was $200 a box, he had less than $400 worth of sellable goods and he lost about $1600.

I am considering a case of this stuff... because I love irony.

Quite true on sterling. This product is the one I have been waiting for ever since I got back in the hobby 6 years ago.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
maxpower said:
bmp1 said:
Thanks for the post. Just bought a case from blowout.

Not my intention, but no problem. FYI, Global (one of FCB's sponsors) has a price match function and I think they'd typically match or beat Blowout if you got in touch with them.

I wish I didn't jump the gun so quick. I could have bought one from Andrew as well. I will pass on this info to dehnid as he is looking for a case as well.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
piggy1918 said:

I'm not sure anyone is 'up in arms' about the odds of making or breaking with this product. In fact, of all the arguing that went on about this product, the fact that you can pull cards at a considerable loss was not even on the radar. It seems everyone knows that breaking is a crap shoot, but with this product(as you already alluded to) the upswing is incredible!

Members online

Latest posts