Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 Longo Autos with the Same Serial Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
2009 Red Ink Auto, I am the owner of the #03/10. Every Red Ink Auto I own has a "0" before the other non-10 digit. I doubt it left Topps this way since the Ink is a off-shade, imo. I am kinda wondering if someone as made counterfeit autos with the A&G TTM Template? Did someone find a way to wipe off the original serial number?

[ebay:2yjlnc4k]260638192920[/ebay:2yjlnc4k]
!ByVm-0!EGk~$(KGrHqQOKjYEwr8oyNuKBMRRP(KE6!~~_12.jpg
AGRED_LONGO_PSA7.jpg

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Yikes. Thats not good. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can contact the buyer right since eBay protects that now? I wonder if the one on eBay had the Topps sticker on the back (the A&G have that correct). The only thing going for the other Longoria is that the autograph does look authentic...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
dannyboy19 said:
Yikes. Thats not good. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can contact the buyer right since eBay protects that now? I wonder if the one on eBay had the Topps sticker on the back (the A&G have that correct). The only thing going for the other Longoria is that the autograph does look authentic...

Yeah, I think it is a good auto, just someone rubber off the original serial number.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
George_Calfas said:
dannyboy19 said:

Yeah, I think it is a good auto, just someone rubber off the original serial number.

That would be my guess as well. So stupid what someone will do to try and squueze a couple more bucks out of an already great card. Anyone else have any pics saved of any other Longo red ink autos, could figure out what original serial # was by signature

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
matchpenalty said:
George_Calfas said:
dannyboy19 said:

That would be my guess as well. So stupid what someone will do to try and squueze a couple more bucks out of an already great card. Anyone else have any pics saved of any other Longo red ink autos, could figure out what original serial # was by signature

#04/10 is owned by a FCB member and its serial number "font" is a tad different as well. That is not unusual, many of my doubles in and out of frame have different hand writing on the serial number.

My concern is another 03/10 or 3/10 and the lack of a zero before the 3.

bportjoey

May 27, 2010
Chicago
In my opinion your's is definatly the original one, for instance the handwriting, characters, placement, and size In the one you have match the ones I have to a T.

the one on ebay is missing the 0 unlike every other numbered auto 10+ from A&G, the font is much bigger and the slash if way more angled and longer then ours, in fact just look at my autos and you'll get what Im mean instantly compared to the one on ebay

questioned----><---Yours][Mine--->th_SCAN0379.jpgth_SCAN0378.jpgth_SCAN0377.jpg

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
bportjoey said:
In my opinion your's is definatly the original one, for instance the handwriting, characters, placement, and size In the one you have match the ones I have to a T.

the one on ebay is missing the 0 unlike every other numbered auto 10+ from A&G, the font is much bigger and the slash if way more angled and longer then ours, in fact just look at my autos and you'll get what Im mean instantly compared to the one on ebay

Wow, that 02/10 presents a very strong case for the validity of your "03/10".

I am curious about the 01/10... why is the numbering so different? I assume anyone who went so far as to alter the card would just change it to "03/10"...

Did someone at Topps number the first one, then leave and someone else numbered the next few? I mean, I could see how the numbering might differ from one player to another, but I'd think they'd be consistent within the 10 for any particular player.

So strange.

bportjoey

May 27, 2010
Chicago
maxpower said:
bportjoey said:

I am curious about the 01/10... why is the numbering so different? I assume anyone who went so far as to alter the card would just change it to "03/10"...

Did someone at Topps number the first one, then leave and someone else numbered the next few? I mean, I could see how the numbering might differ from one player to another, but I'd think they'd be consistent within the 10 for any particular player.

So strange.

I think it was sent out w/o being numbered and someone put his jersey number to make an extra buck as someone els has stated above

I think it would carry a premium not being numbered as that is more unique

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
bportjoey said:
maxpower said:
bportjoey said:

So strange.

I think it was sent out w/o being numbered and someone put his jersey number to make an extra buck as someone els has stated above

Sorry, when I said 'first one' I meant the "01/10" listed in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260611452954&category=213

The numbering style is so different. Also, George mentioned that the numbering style on the 04/10 is also different. So did worker A hand number 01/10, then go off to lunch and during that lunch worker B took an hour to hand number 02/10 and 03/10, then worker A came back from lunch and hand numbered 04/10? I'd think that someone would just sit down with the stack of Longoria reds and hand number all ten cards in one sitting.

Not an important question... just think it's bizarre.

bportjoey

May 27, 2010
Chicago
maxpower said:
bportjoey said:
maxpower said:
bportjoey said:

So strange.

Sorry, when I said 'first one' I meant the "01/10" listed in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260611452954&category=213

The numbering style is so different. Also, George mentioned that the numbering style on the 04/10 is also different. So did worker A hand number 01/10, then go off to lunch and during that lunch worker B took an hour to hand number 02/10 and 03/10, then worker A came back from lunch and hand numbered 04/10? I'd think that someone would just sit down with the stack of Longoria reds and hand number all ten cards in one sitting.

Not an important question... just think it's bizarre.

well the 01/10 font kinda match the question able 3/10 on ebay...maybe some back ally shadyness is going on at topps...or not

I agree with bportjoey "I think it was sent out w/o being numbered (redemption card?) and someone put his jersey number to make an extra buck..."

I've seen the same thing in the past with Bo Jackson cards... a card was sent/pulled without a serial number and someone added the hand-written serial number to try to get a few extra bucks. It's sad, but it may backfire on the seller if the true Longo collectors don't bid, or don't bid high. In the case of Bo, all the Bo colectors knew it was fake and didn't bid and the card sold dirt cheap.

Members online

Latest posts