Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SURPRISE! Topps Tribute looks like a loser...again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Jeff N. said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1i3gzbwg]AT least Wilhelm is in it. :-D

There's already a Stras on ebay.

But man, this looks just like last year + Strasburg, and last year really sucked.[/quote:1i3gzbwg]

I agree. They pad a product that could be awesome with just retired/HoF with people like Figgins. Are the bats actually BATS this year?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3dur1ebx][quote="A_Pharis":3dur1ebx]AT least Wilhelm is in it. :-D

There's already a Stras on ebay.

But man, this looks just like last year + Strasburg, and last year really sucked.[/quote:3dur1ebx]

I agree. They pad a product that could be awesome with just retired/HoF with people like Figgins. Are the bats actually BATS this year?[/quote:3dur1ebx]

That's why I wouldn't touch the stuff.

In Topps' defense, the MLB requires them to put current players in every product now, but I cannot condone the inclusion of Figgins.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a fan :D

09TributeRed.jpg

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i just looked on the bay at some singles and sadly, the cards which peaked my interest the most were bobby cox and joe girardi :?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I won't bust any of this personally but I love that there's finally some new Doerr stuff to add to my collection. Plus Rick Ferrell and Tris Speaker, oh yeah I'm all over that.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Halonut said:
i just looked on the bay at some singles and sadly, the cards which peaked my interest the most were bobby cox and joe girardi :?

I'm very excited about this! Desperately need it for my 98 Yanks auto collection. Will wait a week or two as prices should fall.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
Halonut said:

I'm very excited about this! Desperately need it for my 98 Yanks auto collection. Will wait a week or two as prices should fall.

The problem with Tribute is that it will never be as good as it was in 2001 and 2002. The hobby was very different back then.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The base cards last year were some of the nicest looking cards in years. The Red Yaz is one of my favorite cards I own. But the cost and value to this isn't in the base parallels, it's people wanting autos and game used. In my opinion last years set with the parallels was the nicest looking set since 1996 Select Certified. But people don't care about looks now, just hits.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
09 is not really that bad, if it was it would be below factory

09 factory - 200.85

it sells for over $300 all the time.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
[ebay:2dvo9xhk]270611650279[/ebay:2dvo9xhk]

That looks great, I wish the 1/1 was on back, but still a great looking card.

Members online

Latest posts