Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: 2003 Kanebo Japan cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I noticed Jimmy Rollins has 4 cards from the 2003 set. Couldn't find any on ebay to see examples.

Has anyone completed the set of their player? Do you have scans?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I'm getting old. I only have the base & bronze. Beckett only lists the base card (for Rivera). So I'm not sure whats out there.

I'll post a scan when I get back from lunch.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
i dident think there was a big market for these is there alot of people looking for these

i work an anime con every ear (anime boston as security) and we have a few staffers/con goers who come over from japan alot with alot of dealers who import a TON from japan i could prob get boxes signles of this very easy

i know i traded with a staffer last con (april 2010) he took home some ichro,dice-k and kei igawa rookies and inserts and brought me some nice dice-k stuff (2000 UD ovation ect)

so... long story short

is there alot of people looking for this stuff i could shoot him a list of stuff to possible bring over with him (the staffer) if there is a want/need for it

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Here is what is listed for Jimmy Rollins:

2003 Topps Kanebo Japan #12 Jimmy Rollins
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan 2 #17 Jimmy Rollins
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan Black #12 Jimmy Rollins
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan Silver #12 Jimmy Rollins

Does "Japan 2" mean Series 2?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
jmagic87 said:
i dident think there was a big market for these is there alot of people looking for these

i work an anime con every ear (anime boston as security) and we have a few staffers/con goers who come over from japan alot with alot of dealers who import a TON from japan i could prob get boxes signles of this very easy

i know i traded with a staffer last con (april 2010) he took home some ichro,dice-k and kei igawa rookies and inserts and brought me some nice dice-k stuff (2000 UD ovation ect)

so... long story short

is there alot of people looking for this stuff i could shoot him a list of stuff to possible bring over with him (the staffer) if there is a want/need for it

I wouldn't mind picking up the four Jimmy Rollins cards that I listed above.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
markakis8 said:
jmagic87 said:

so... long story short

I wouldn't mind picking up the four Jimmy Rollins cards that I listed above.

ok player collecters ect if you guys can find out what sets ect are the big wants for people here NO PROMISES
but i can ask him if he can get them over here

like iknow when i showed him the price for stuff in the states he laughed in japan boxes of 2000 UD ovation he said are about1750 yen OR $20 us

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
KLARNOLD said:
Jastermereel said:
Interesting. I have the Base, Black, & Bronze versions. I thought that was all of them.

Can you post the black and bronze versions?

KLARNOLD - from the looks of it, you have these three and are missing the black:

2003 Topps Kanebo Japan #11 Albert Pujols
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan 2 #76 Albert Pujols
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan Silver #11 Albert Pujols

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
markakis8 said:
KLARNOLD said:
Jastermereel said:
Interesting. I have the Base, Black, & Bronze versions. I thought that was all of them.

Can you post the black and bronze versions?

KLARNOLD - from the looks of it, you have these three and are missing the black:

2003 Topps Kanebo Japan #11 Albert Pujols
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan 2 #76 Albert Pujols
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan Silver #11 Albert Pujols

Yes, I am missing the black and bronze (if there is one...if Gonzalez has one, surely Pujols has one). The silver and black were in series 1, and the bronze were in series 2. I would be interested in any Japanese related Pujols cards. I have a Japanese Konami regular and foil, as well as a Japanese Kelloggs pictured in my Albert Pujols oddball collection thread.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have one of the Bagwells. Its the one with the blue border(I think it really mimics 2002 topps but it says 2003 on it). I would need all the others out there though I think there are only two listed for Bags.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I have some on my Checkoutmycards.com listings.

Sold my Silver Pujols for $50.

I still need the Black version for Erstad.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Yesterday I saw an auction that ended with no bids for a case (20 boxes) of 2003 Kanebo series 1 with a starting bid of $250. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and find a case.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
KLARNOLD said:
Yesterday I saw an auction that ended with no bids for a case (20 boxes) of 2003 Kanebo series 1 with a starting bid of $250. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and find a case.

this may be worth it if enough player collectors get involved.

So it would be $250 for the case? what is the breakdown of the case? how many boxes? packs per box? cards per pack?

Latest posts