Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Refunds and chargebacks update to your PayPal account

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
You’re a valued customer and we’re committed to updating you about changes that can impact your business.

Starting August 2010

A chargeback will cost $20. (It was $10.) If you’re in our PayPal Preferred program, you won’t pay chargeback fees for your eBay transactions.

For full refunds, we’ll continue to refund the percentage (e.g. 2.9%) on each transaction but we’ll retain the fixed transaction fee. (Typically $0.30.) Pricing for partial refunds is not changing.

This is the first time we've increased fees for these services, and our prices remain very competitive. You might see lower rates advertised elsewhere, but keep in mind that with PayPal, there are no extra costs, monthly minimums, downgrade penalties, or cancellation charges. To learn more about the hidden fees some companies charge, read this article from Inc. magazine.

To learn more about chargebacks and how to prevent them, see the Chargeback Guide.

We know you have choices when it comes to your online payment service, so thank you for choosing PayPal.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
It's also kind of disturbing about the partial refund thing. I know it isn't much money, but I occassionally send partial refunds if the buyer overpays on shipping, but now they're going to charge 30 cents for this. Give me a break.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
It's also kind of disturbing about the partial refund thing. I know it isn't much money, but I occassionally send partial refunds if the buyer overpays on shipping, but now they're going to charge 30 cents for this. Give me a break.

Pricing for partial refunds is not changing.

Members online

Latest posts