Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blowout cards selling back doored topps national promo pack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CardboardLegends

Dec 24, 2009
Yonkers, NY
As a VIP pass purchaser, this really frustrates me.

What good is it to have nice cards in the VIP pack if you can just get em anywhere.

Boo on the national people for backdooring them to blow out, and boo on blow out for selling them. It's just a stinky situation.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
No wonder kids aren't getting into the hobby. I wouldn't want my kids hopping into this crap.

Apparently....what "might of happened" is that Topps gave the cards to the national....then the NAtional went and sold them to Blowout. Don't balme Topps here.

This sucks. Maybe the National will do something for the VIPs besides a kick in the nuts.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Who says they are back doored? Maybe they are just preselling sets and once all orders are in they will go ahead and purchase 25 to 50 VIP tickets.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
All In Cards said:
Who says they are back doored? Maybe they are just preselling sets and once all orders are in they will go ahead and purchase 25 to 50 VIP tickets.
Blowout isnt one to sell something they don't have without the words pre-sell all over it.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
bmc398 said:
All In Cards said:
Blowout isnt one to sell something they don't have without the words pre-sell all over it.

Now if we look at the items in question, we see this:

"NOTE: This product is a Pre-Sell item. Approximate Release Date: Mon, Aug 09 2010"

Andrew's absolutely right, they're preselling these...they don't have them in-hand and they're not "back-doored". Not everything/everyone in this industry is sketchy...

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Sly said:
bmc398 said:
All In Cards said:

"NOTE: This product is a Pre-Sell item. Approximate Release Date: Mon, Aug 09 2010"

Andrew's absolutely right, they're preselling these...they don't have them in-hand and they're not "back-doored". Not everything/everyone in this industry is sketchy...
Never said it was backdoored. But they will have these....FS to non VIPs. THats crappy. Takes away some of the value of spending the $$$ on being one.

Also Sly, things arent always as they appear.....just saying.

CardboardLegends

Dec 24, 2009
Yonkers, NY
Sly said:
bmc398 said:
All In Cards said:

Yes, but they know EXACTLY how many they are going to get. I can tell you this, they won't be buying them from VIP members. Where else would they get them?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
CardboardLegends said:
Sly said:
bmc398 said:
All In Cards said:

Yes, but they know EXACTLY how many they are going to get. I can tell you this, they won't be buying them from VIP members. Where else would they get them?

Maybe they're sending x-amount of people to the National and have purchased VIP passes for them (or just purchased that many VIP passes for their business). Maybe as some type of sponsor or vendor they get some. And how do you know they won't be buying them from other VIP members? You really think that most are going to keep them??

@bmc - I wasn't saying you said they were backdoored, but this thread insinuates that (see title). And you're right, not everything is as it appears...and that goes both ways.

At the end of the day, if blowout was selling these AFTER the National, I don't think anyone would think twice...but because they're pre-selling them, everyone jumps to the "back-doored" conclusion. Maybe they are...but maybe they're not.

Jul 30, 2009
Jastermereel said:
VIP packages are a waste of money anyway.

Depends on how many days you plan to attend.

Four or more days and its worth it for sure. Four days entrance will cost you $66 and the cheapest vip is 119.

So for an additional $54, you get two extra hours of early addmission, the UD set, the Topps Heritage set, the Donruss set, the Press Pass set, a collectibles book, vip lunch, a ton of autos and probably a few other goodies.

Well, wellworth the extra money.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
ThoseBackPages said:
i dont see why Topps is using 2009's Topps Heritage as the design for a 2010 National exclusive.

They're not, as far as I know. The Strasburg show exclusive is based on the 1961 design, just like 2010 Heritage.

Members online