Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ovechkin's the best player in the NHL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
When before has a league's best player (you can argue your case, but he's still the best player in the game) not started in an All-Star game?

Wow! "Au Canada" has shown that hockey is still their country's sport.

Everyone else is just sitting in the stands watching.

Ovechkin is comparable to (in other sports); Michael Jordan, Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Peyton Manning, etc., and he is not starting in the All-Star game. That's a shame, shame, shame.

If I start a pro hockey team with one pick, I don't even think about it, it's Ovechkin.

I never bought any of his rookie cards, because of my self-prognosed Russian Syndrome (i.e., different from The Vanek Syndrome).

My experience as a hockey fan has shown me one thing in particular about hockey players from Russia. They get worse (at least offensively), not better, or else they have short careers.

My Sabres' Mogilny had 76 goals as a rookie.

Fedorov's RC once outsold Jagr by 3-to-1 (same sets).

As good as he still is, Ilya Kovalchuk's numbers have not improved much from his rookie season, even playing with Marian Hossa. He's still a point-per-game player, and he's a minus-83 for his career.

Who else? Pavel Bure was out of the league a while ago.

Watching Ovechkin play, I cannot imagine that little streak continuing, barring injury of course.

He is really unbelievable. I would definitely pay to go watch him play. I cannot say that about anyone else, except Pitt, and it's the trio of Letang, Crosby, and Malkin that would draw me in.

Alex Ovechkin is not starting in the All-Star game?

Wow!

crazy.

G

3 things

1) Canadians using the scripts (cheating)
2) Caps fans being lazy and not voting
3) No way in this world AO is better than Sid and Malkin

I look forward to a reply about #3.

I always have a good laugh when people say Ovechkin is better than Sid and Geno. ;)

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
MyPens66 said:
3 things

I always have a good laugh when people say Ovechkin is better than Sid and Geno. ;)

C'mon, like that wasn't expected from a guy with Pitt jerseys in his signature.

Stick by your man (men), man. I have no problem with that.

G

card-treasury said:
MyPens66 said:
3 things

Of course I'll be sticking by the first and second best players. What makes you think Alex is any better than "the two headed monster"?

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
MyPens66 said:
card-treasury said:
MyPens66 said:
3 things

Of course I'll be sticking by the first and second best players. What makes you think Alex is any better than "the two headed monster"?

He's the most deadly sniper in the game, more physical than either Sid or Malkin, and he didn't disappear in the Playoffs last season.

190 goals and counting at age 24.

Enough?

He missed some time, and he'll probably still eclipse Malkin and win the scoring title this season. Goals...pretty much a sure thing as well, and that's without the help those guys provide to each other.

G

Sniper? 27 goals, 240 shots. 11%. 200th in the league. A career 12.6%.

1,503 shots at age 24.

Any NHL player could put up those numbers taking that crazy amount of shots.

Kessel would have 42
Vanek would have 45
Wheeler would have 54
If he'd pass the puck his own teamate (Semin) could have 53

Malkin didn't disappear: 22 pts in 20 games in the playoffs

Crosby and Malkin both pass the puck unlike anyone in the league. They can both take a game over at any time. Both think team first and always look to pass before looking to shoot.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
MyPens66 said:

1,503 shots at age 24.

Kessel would have 42
Vanek would have 45
Wheeler would have 54

Crosby and Malkin both pass the puck unlike anyone in the league. They can both take a game over at any time. Both think team first and always look to pass before looking to shoot.
Your guys can't get the shots.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
I'm not going to argue with a Pens' fan who thinks his favorite players are better than the best. I'm a die-hard sabres fan who acknowledges that Alexander Ovechkin is the best player in the NHL. By season's end, you will either come around, or continue to deny it with something that makes you feel justified in your stance.

Give it time.

G

card-treasury said:
MyPens66 said:

1,503 shots at age 24.

Kessel would have 42
Vanek would have 45
Wheeler would have 54

Your guys can't get the shots.
They can get them alright... They just chose to pass (too much)

G

card-treasury said:
I'm not going to argue with a Pens' fan who thinks his favorite players are better than the best. I'm a die-hard sabres fan who acknowledges that Alexander Ovechkin is the best player in the NHL. By season's end, you will either come around, or continue to deny it with something that makes you feel justified in your stance.

Give it time.
I've heard this same arguement for 3 years, I haven't changed my mind yet.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
MyPens66 said:
card-treasury said:

Give it time.
I've heard this same arguement for 3 years, I haven't changed my mind yet.

That is obvious. Hopefully, you listened to everyone else when they told you to look both ways before crossing the street, to save for rainy day, or to be kind to others.

LOL

Funny stuff. You probably never will.

:mrgreen:

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
MyPens66 said:
3 things

Ovie:
2008/2009 27g/26a/53p
Career: 190g/173a/363p (0.67 g/game, 1.28 p/game)
(1) Rookie of Year
(1) MVP
(1) Richard Trophy
(1) Ross Trophy
(1) Pearson Trophy
(1) Hart Trophy

Malkin:
2008/2009 15g/45a/60p
Career: 95g/156a/251p (0.47 g/game, 1.26 p/game)
(1) Rookie of Year

Cindy:
2008/2009 15g/35a/50p
Career: 114g/230a/344p (0.45 g/game, 1.37p/game)
(1) Ross
(1) Pearson
(1) Hart

Ovie > Malkin
Ovie > Cindy

Okay, maybe Cindy averages more points/game than Ovie.... but who's more injury prone? Cindy missed almost 30 games last year from injury. Ovie's missed only 1 game the last 3 seasons and that was because he was suspended 1 game for a hit on some Sabres cry-baby. He's missed 2 or 3 games this season because his grandfather was ill. There so much more I want to add, but time is against me at the moment. :shock:

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
MALKIN=OVI>SID

That is the truth. Malkin is half the sniper Ovi is and Ovi is half the playmaker Malkin is. Sid just isn't as god as the two of them.

Malkin, Ovi

Sid

Others

G

dchurg said:
MALKIN=OVI>SID

That is the truth. Malkin is half the sniper Ovi is and Ovi is half the playmaker Malkin is. Sid just isn't as god as the two of them.

Malkin, Ovi

Sid

Others
I agree, that is the case this season.

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
Ovechkin is better than Corsby IMO. Yes Corsby is a Captain but he does not act like one, he has to learn but then again he is still young.

G

Ovechkin will probably play like a goon just like he always does against the pens. He spends the whole game going after Malkin's head and just makes an ass out of himself.

Latest posts