Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps All Star Factory sets with Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Saw a couple at Wal-Mart today. Packaging is All-Star Game themed, and claims to have card #661--Stephen Strasburg--inside. Usually these sets are $50. Would you think cracking one for the Stras to sell would make it worth the effort? There's also a 5-card pack of something special inside, too. (probably All-Star themed, but I didn't read the details.)

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
The Topps web site I was looking at this afternon says they are sold out at $59.95

Each complete set of 2010 Topps Baseball All-Star Edition contains 661 Regular Cards Plus a five-card Set of Exclusive All-Star player cards packed in a special All-Star-themed display box. Includes card #661 Stephen Strasburg.

I would Check eBay completed auctions and the FCB Hotlist. I believe this is the Strasburg card he mentions in the hot list.

Tom

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
from my understanding the retail sets have a bonus 5 card all-star set and the hobby version have a bonus 5 red parallel pack each being #ed /299.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Figured as much. So, for player collectors, how hard is it to track down these factory inserts of your guy? These will probably get ripped to sell the Stras more than past sets with inserts, right? So then the All Star or Red parallels will be easier to find?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Greg Cleveland said:
Figured as much. So, for player collectors, how hard is it to track down these factory inserts of your guy? These will probably get ripped to sell the Stras more than past sets with inserts, right? So then the All Star or Red parallels will be easier to find?

Yep, TNT already went to town on the red listings

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Has anyone else noticed that some older blaster have a sticker on the box saying look for
Steven Strasburg cards. I have seen this even a box from 2008?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Pine Tar said:
Has anyone else noticed that some older blaster have a sticker on the box saying look for

yes, saw that on a 2008 SPx box this week ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
ThoseBackPages said:
Pine Tar said:

I saw it on 08 UD Series 2, 07 Fleer, and some other box I can't remember. It was sickening. Go Wal Mart!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Card Magnet said:
ThoseBackPages said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2htahkkp]Has anyone else noticed that some older blaster have a sticker on the box saying look for

I saw it on 08 UD Series 2, 07 Fleer, and some other box I can't remember. It was sickening. Go Wal Mart![/quote:2htahkkp]
Somebody pointed out to me something I forgot...it's not Wal Mart, it's the company that stocks the card section....so go people stocking Wal Mart! (I don't know their name, I just know they always have their stuff in Legends boxes)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
That company that CM is referring to is Beckett, but is not related to the Price Guide company. And they just hire local people to pack out the stuff and those folks usually don't know much (if any) about the hobby.

Members online