Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should I do with this ebay situation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
So I sold a mini ginter on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...337588&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT#ht_500wt_1154
The seller pays and says "I think you should consider lowering your shipping fee when selling a mini card like this one. Send a dollar with the card and I'd be a happy camper."
I mean the guy should have not purchased the card. I really don't want to get a negative here. Can I contact ebay or what can I do? Thanks. Clint

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
I would tell him shipping is clearly stated in the auction. If he did not like the price then don't bid. I've had my eye on something for a long time but shipping seems too high. I'm not going to buy that item then tell the seller to send me some cash with it to make me happy. 3.00 is not crazy if your shipping in a bubble envelope and stuff.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
JJust send him the dollar. Odds are ebay won't do anything for you, and will have the stance that he is justified in negative and will kill your DSR for shipping/shipping rate.

You're clearly in the right though. The guy never should have purchased it if he didn't like the shipping price.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Tell him if he can get the post office to lower their rates for 1/2 oz parcels then you will refund $1.00... it cost the same for a mini card as it does for a full size card

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Don't give in. Send him an email explaining your costs/time and how you can justify $3 shipping. Then tell him he should not have bid.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Just respond with:

"You do know that sending a mini card in a top loader or a regular card in a top loader is the same price..."

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Just send him the dollar. The effort to deal with the guy and the likely argument you are going to get into isn't worth the buck. Just send a buck and move on.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
He might pull this every time he wins an auction. Giving in would make him, and probably others, do it more.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
For all you guys recommending that sending a dollar is okay, please send me your ebay id and keep me informed the next time you're selling so I can bid/win and get a dollar and a card out of you.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
LaneyB said:
For all you guys recommending that sending a dollar is okay, please send me your ebay id and keep me informed the next time you're selling so I can bid/win and get a dollar and a card out of you.
Only if you send me your id so I can block your ID. ;)

stu

Jan 24, 2010
What is the feedback he leaves for others? Does he drop a lot of neutrals and negatives?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Absolutely DO NOT put a dollar in the shipment. What a ridiculously awful precedent to set yourself and other sellers.

The terms of bidding are clear and so are your shipping fees. Throw in an extra mini or something...not your money.

phalm

Feb 27, 2009
BE careful he will leave negatives...ebay does not consider asking for a shipping refund a violation of the rules....just list the auction or send me his id so I can block...l just was burned by not understanding rules..

I had a buyer buy 26 different items on different days.i lowered shipping to 25 dollars from I think 83 dollars....he paid then 59 days later wanted a refund on shipping because
to ship cards was not 25 dollars...I WOULD HAVE REFUNDED MORE BUT DO NOT LIKE THE 59 DAY WAIT.... also felt being threated with negatives was wrong...WELL I GOT HIT WITH 26 NEGATIVES AND DSRS OF 23 1,S ON SHIPPING and also graded 2 's on communication all on last day he could leave them...

EBAY no help...I HAD A 10 YEAR RECORD OF ONE NEGATIVE...

SO WATCH OUT...I ALSO FELT THAT I WAS REWARDING HIM IF I GAVE IN BUT AFTER THIS I HAVE DOUBTS

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
**** him don't send the dollar, it doesnt matter what is in the toploader and your shipping price is cheap enough.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
studioclint said:
So I sold a mini ginter on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...337588&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT#ht_500wt_1154
The seller pays and says "I think you should consider lowering your shipping fee when selling a mini card like this one. Send a dollar with the card and I'd be a happy camper."
I mean the guy should have not purchased the card. I really don't want to get a negative here. Can I contact ebay or what can I do? Thanks. Clint

Nothing you can do. Ridiculous buyer has you over a barrel. Worst case scenario, you send and he claims 'item not as described'. And leaves you a negative.

Please give buyer's ID so that others can block him.

Archie Graham

Jan 17, 2009
maxpower said:
studioclint said:

Please give buyer's ID so that others can block him.

I second this.

Members online

Latest posts