Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone notice how poor a season Jeter is having?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
.271/.334/.387. For Jeter, that's pretty awful. What's even more amazing is his Home/Road splits. Away from New York, his OPS is .623. He's essentially Cesar Izturis. Yikes.

So, is he finally slowing down at 36? Or is this just an off year? I'm far from a Jeter hater; think he's somewhat overrated but still clearly a special, special player. But I've always scoffed at the notion of him challenging the 4,000 hit mark and think he's probably 2-3 years away from being a part time player.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
All of you can hate all you want. He's got more championship rings than anyone posting on these boards does, and he gets paid a **** ton more than I'll see in my lifetime so someone thinks he's worth the money. Goodnight Gracie.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
blanning71 said:
All of you can hate all you want. He's got more championship rings than anyone posting on these boards does, and he gets paid a shat ton more than I'll see in my lifetime so someone thinks he's worth the money. Goodnight Gracie.

He's also endorses gatorade OMG

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
rico08 said:
blanning71 said:
All of you can hate all you want. He's got more championship rings than anyone posting on these boards does, and he gets paid a shat ton more than I'll see in my lifetime so someone thinks he's worth the money. Goodnight Gracie.

Have you tried Gatorade? It makes you run like a Kenyan and have millions of babies! Oh wait............thats Power Thirst!

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
blanning71 said:
All of you can hate all you want. He's got more championship rings than anyone posting on these boards does, and he gets paid a **** ton more than I'll see in my lifetime so someone thinks he's worth the money. Goodnight Gracie.

yeah, but so does Gerald Williams .. :?
you can refute him being overrated but those two never worked for me. yes, he has the rings.. but those teams have the best ERA+ in the history of the game. he did his part but I dont think carried the yankees for 5 years.

if teams did a draft with everyone 23 again Jeter would get picked but not before other legends Imo.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
blanning71 said:
rico08 said:
blanning71 said:

Have you tried Gatorade? It makes you run like a Kenyan and have millions of babies! Oh wait............thats Power Thirst!

[youtube:2retwtzl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs&feature=PlayList&p=7B54551F46AC30B7&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube:2retwtzl]

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
donrusscrusademan said:
blanning71 said:

you can refute him being overrated but those two never worked for me. yes, he has the rings.. but those teams have the best ERA+ in the history of the game. he did his part but I dont think carried the yankees for 5 years.

if teams did a draft with everyone 23 again Jeter would get picked but not before other legends Imo.

Potato, PO TAH TOE. Jeter is the most awesomest amazing player every to lace up the spikes. You all just are jealous because your Dickie Thons and Randy Ready's didn't pan out. WHATEVAH! Talk to the hand

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
blanning71 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
blanning71 said:

Potato, PO TAH TOE. Jeter is the most awesomest amazing player every to lace up the spikes. You all just are jealous because your Dickie Thons and Randy Ready's didn't pan out. WHATEVAH! Talk to the hand

104216_o.gif

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
blanning71 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
blanning71 said:

Dicky Thon's Thong ftw. :lol:

I was curious so here are Jeters reg/postseason

normal-.315 /.386/.456
postseason-.313 /.383/.479

clutch. I would rather have him in the bottom of the 9th that Pujols, Ichiro, Ruth, Randy Winn etc.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I'm certainly no Yankee fan but I think the numbers are still pretty dang good, especially for his age. I"ll be honest, I'd take him on my team any day. While I don't think that he's the greatest player to ever put on a uniform, I do think he's a sure fire first ballot HOFer and completely deserving of his place as one of the game's superstars.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
He's having a down year staistically yes but I still respect what he's accomplished in his career. I've been a hater for a long time myself but relatively recently have switched, even picking up an auto for my pc.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
joey12508 said:
he has more hits than any shortstop in MLB history. over rated??

great argument!

players with more hits than jeter:

Harold Baines
Frankie Frisch
Zack Wheat
Al Simmons
Willie Keeler
Jake Beckley
Sam Crawford
Sam Rice
Rafael Palmeiro
Craig Biggio
Dave Winfield
Paul Waner
Eddie Collins

Clearly Jeter is not overrated.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What is this, his 15th full season or something right around there? And it took until NOW to discuss a down season for Jeter?

Latest posts