Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone close or complete a run of a Allen Ginter card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
So with all 1/1's..... I think this is what a complete card run a A & G card would entail
Base reg
Base mini
No # mini /50
black border mini
A&G back mini
Bazooka back mini /25
framed silk /10
4 different 1/1 plates
1/1 wood
1/1 blank back Vault

I think this would be all the versions?
anyone working on even come close to completing a run on a card

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Forgot Sketch cards

edit:
I know they are different and not parallels, and not everyone has one, but I'd like to get one too if my guy had one!

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
If you're talking about everything there's also rip cards, and extended rip card minis. As well as auto minis and relic minis, and box toppers. And the Perez cards.

I have all of the these except the sketch and wood 1/1's using several years...

Base
Fielder07AG.jpg

Minis (base, A&G, Black, no #, Bazooka)
FielderAGminiset.jpg

Box Topper signed IP
FielderA7GTopAU.jpg

Perez base
FielderAGPerez.jpg

Extended Mini
Fielder07AGRipMini.jpg

Mini relic
FielderAG07Bats-1.jpg

Mini Auto
FielderAGauto.jpg

Rip card
FielderRipx3-1.jpg

Printing Plate
GinterPlate1of106.jpg

Should have bought the wood that ended recently for $112.50, but I'm having trouble buying Fielder cards knowing he's going to leave Milwaukee.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Nice Prince run. JD

I'm more thinking just straight run of just base card and all it's mini and 1/1 versions.

I know Neshek has tracked down and gotten most if not all his own Ginter card versions.
Codebreaker Wicked Nick Jacoby is hoping to get all versions of his card. I think Wong has most of his. I know on Wicked Nicks site he is working on it and Wong has only seen 2 silks of his card show up for sale, and I think only 1 plate.
I'm sure when codebreakers stop by FCB booth they will update the FCB faithful on status of their ginter card hunts.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I love the A&G variations and enjoy chasing them for my player.

David Price
Have these 2009 A&G:
Base
Mini
Mini Black Border
Mini A&G Back
Mini NNO
Mini Bazooka /25
Mini EXT
Framed Silk /10
Framed Mini Plate 1/1
Base Sketch Version

MISSING:
- Mini Wood 1/1
- Mini EXT Wood 1/1
- Framed Mini Plates 3/4
- Framed Mini EXT Plates 4/4 (might not exist)

Have these 2010 A&G:
Base
Mini
Mini Black Border
Mini A&G Back
Mini NNO

MISSING:
- Mini Bazooka /25
- Framed Silk /10
- Mini Wood 1/1
- Framed Mini Plates 4/4

I've only seen one 2010 framed silk of Price pop up and I was outbid and also outbid on one 2010 printing plate. Hope to snag one of each in the near future.

Thanks for any help in tracking variations down!

Casey

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Nick Jacoby here...as matchpenalty said, I'm trying to put together a complete run of my card in this year's set (#165).

As of now I have the following:

Base (tons of these)
Reg mini (a few of these)
A&G back mini (2 of these)
Black border (2 of these)
No number mini (2 of these)
Bazooka mini (2 of these)
Framed silk error card (2 of these)
1/1 Blank back
Cyan printing plate

I'm still missing:
1/1 wood mini
3/4 printing plates

Hoping I can stumble upon some of this when I'm at the National!

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
njlw226 said:
Nick Jacoby here...as matchpenalty said, I'm trying to put together a complete run of my card in this year's set (#165).

As of now I have the following:

Base (tons of these)
Reg mini (a few of these)
A&G back mini (2 of these)
Black border (2 of these)
No number mini (2 of these)
Bazooka mini (2 of these)
Framed silk error card (2 of these)
1/1 Blank back
Cyan printing plate

I'm still missing:
1/1 wood mini
3/4 printing plates

Hoping I can stumble upon some of this when I'm at the National!
Nice set going so far, good luck on the rest. You mentioned 1/1 blank back, was that packed out or is this a card from the topps vault? Does every player have one?

Also, you said error silk, whats the error for your player (I haven't followed anything but Price)?

Thanks,
Casey

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
caseya10781 said:
Nice set going so far, good luck on the rest. You mentioned 1/1 blank back, was that packed out or is this a card from the topps vault? Does every player have one?

Also, you said error silk, whats the error for your player (I haven't followed anything but Price)?

Thanks,
Casey

The blank backs are produced by Topps and I believe they are the first print run of the cards...they print on the front but not the back. They are not pack-inserted...you have to buy it off ebay from the Topps Vault...I looked and it doesn't look like the David Price has gone up yet...shoot them a message over ebay and they'll likely tell you when they will be listing it.

As for the error silk, for some reason instead of having my own silk card this year, Topps created a silk card with my name but Brett Gardner's picture. See here for more details:

http://cardboardoverload.wordpress.com/ ... wait-what/

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
2010 ALLEN GINTER 1/1 blank back vault auctions just started a couple weeks ago. I like how Topps does those, with uncirculated sealed casing.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I have the base cards scanned separately, so I'll only post the inserts. I spent too much on the 2007 wood 1/1, and after realizing that it's not actually made of wood I haven't gone after the other ones as much. For being a simple 1/1 parallel, they just cost too much. Except for 1/1 cards, I have the complete Aaron Rowand run from 2006-09.

2006 (missing wood 1/1 and two printing plates)
2006ToppsAllenandGinter.jpg

2007 (missing two printing plates)
2007ToppsAllenandGinter.jpg

2008 (missing wood 1/1, Dick Perez sketch 1/1, three printing plates)
2008ToppsAllenandGinter.jpg
2008ToppsAllenandGinterToppsVault.jpg

2009 (missing wood 1/1 and four printing plates)
2009ToppsAllenandGinter.jpg
2009ToppsAllenandGinterVault.jpg

Just started. I always wait a few months to pick up the common parallels on checkoutmycards or Beckett to save on shipping.

sportsfan4177

Jan 11, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Jason is right!! I had no clue the blank back versions were out there until he told me...good thing too, as I might have missed out on it. Now I just need to track down one of his final two printing plates to repay him :D

Seriously though, Jason is a class act and awesome guy...if you guys see one ofthose last two plates out there let the board know...nothing cooler than collecting an A&G "rainbow", unless it's of yourself!

yankeesfan24

njlw226 said:
Jason is right!! I had no clue the blank back versions were out there until he told me...good thing too, as I might have missed out on it. Now I just need to track down one of his final two printing plates to repay him :D

Seriously though, Jason is a class act and awesome guy...if you guys see one ofthose last two plates out there let the board know...nothing cooler than collecting an A&G "rainbow", unless it's of yourself!
that would be awesome, i would have loved to do a Robinson Cano, but i think it is too late to start, looks like that is what i will do in 2011 A&G :lol:

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
sportsfan4177 said:
matchpenalty said:
Just read Wong blog. He has 11 of his 13 possible cards. Missing 2 of his 1/1 plates.
http://www.2008gintercodechampion.com/

matchpenalty is correct, I do have 11 of 13 variations of my card. I am missing 2 printing plates, yellow and magenta. Here is the site with pictures of the variations I have so far http://www.2008gintercodechampion.com/h ... ge519.html

Nick forgot to mention he didn't know about the Topps Vault Blank Back until I emailed him.

That is pretty cool you have gotten most of your 1/1's. Did most just show up on ebay then? or did you have any people got directly to you with them. I'll keep an eye out for the missing two at shows around here in Boston area. Probably a good chance they could still be sitting in packs.

Awesome A&G Rowand collection. Mrwhitesox30

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
njlw226 said:
caseya10781 said:

Thanks,
Casey

The blank backs are produced by Topps and I believe they are the first print run of the cards...they print on the front but not the back. They are not pack-inserted...you have to buy it off ebay from the Topps Vault...I looked and it doesn't look like the David Price has gone up yet...shoot them a message over ebay and they'll likely tell you when they will be listing it.

As for the error silk, for some reason instead of having my own silk card this year, Topps created a silk card with my name but Brett Gardner's picture. See here for more details:

http://cardboardoverload.wordpress.com/ ... wait-what/

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely contact them. Good luck in your search!

Casey

sportsfan4177

Jan 11, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
matchpenalty said:
That is pretty cool you have gotten most of your 1/1's. Did most just show up on ebay then? or did you have any people got directly to you with them. I'll keep an eye out for the missing two at shows around here in Boston area. Probably a good chance they could still be sitting in packs.

Awesome A&G Rowand collection. Mrwhitesox30

For me, I did get all of mine off ebay EXCEPT the wood. Warren from All-Star Collectibles (a member of this forum) has a store in PA and he contacted me to say a customer from his store pulled the wood card. One of my plates ended up in Canada.

They might still be in packs. I'm hoping they are not in someone’s collection. I was thinking of bringing my 11 variations with me to the Nationals but not sure yet.

Thanks matchplently, I appreciate it.

Members online

Latest posts