Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eric Chavez Mailweek: Super Patch - Plate - Quad GU - Insert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Only 4 cards this week but one is probably my favorite jumbo that I own. I'll let the cards speak for themselves.

2003 Donruss Master Set Eric Chavez /15 (I already had the verison /20 what is the difference between these besides the numbering?)
2003DonTea4b.jpg

2007 Topps Chrome Plate Eric Chavez/1
2007TopChr13a.jpg

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Quad Materials Prime Eric Chavez /10
2005Abs8aaaa.jpg

2004 Absolute Tools of the Trade Jumbo Materials PS Eric Chavez /1
2004Abs23a.jpg

Other Jumbo Patches
2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Red/15 (Very Boring)
2005AbsJum.jpg

2005 Upper Deck Super Patch SP 24 (I really like this one)
2005UDSupPat2.jpg

2006 Flair Letterman /6 (Favorite)
2006FlaShoJer1.jpg

2009 Ultimates /35 (The last one is a close 2nd)
2009Ult1a.jpg
2009Ult1b.jpg
2009Ult1c.jpg
2009Ult1d.jpg
2009Ult1f.jpg2009Ult1e.jpg

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
For the team heroes. One is a Master Set ( I think this was a redemption for the whole set) and the other is the Master Team Set which was for just the team. I believe that is the case, someone can correct me if im wrong.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
RandomH: Yes, I got quite a few. I thought I had replied to each thanking them for the heads up. I'm sorry your's must have slipped through the cracks. But thank you for the heads up. We worked out a deal for 20 inserts/low end game used. And I still have some hope we can work out a deal for a couple autographs but he seems to want $10-$50 over what they would sell for on ebay.

aminors: Thank you.

Zan: I tried using Becketts checklist search to see how many "Jumbos" are out there of Chavez and of course they listed some which I would not consider Jumbo's and others that are which are not listed. I added to the orignal post the scans of the others. The Letterman is by far my favorite jumbo patch (for obvious reasons) but the 2009 Ultimate baseball patch was my favorite "regular" jumbo prior to this one showing up. I don't know which one I like more between the two though.

17ROCKIES12: Thanks, I believe it is from the American League shoulder patch.

nevermore: Thank you.

TramFan3: Thanks for the info. This one isn't listed on beckett's checklist (the other is). I remember there being a thread about the two different versions but didn't find it right away and thought someone would know off the top of their head.

schillingfan: Thank you, I don't think it is the best player collection out there but it definitely is my favorite one :)

TNP777; Thanks, I agree the TOTT are great, I really like the 04 set better than the 05 set. The 05's are somewhat boring in my opinion but I know a lot of guys out there prefer the 05 set.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
EricChavezCollector3 said:
17ROCKIES12: Thanks, I believe it is from the American League shoulder patch.
Sweet. So is it probably from early in his career?

The patch is from a 2001 jersey from the "100 years of the American League" patch. 2004 must have been the year to use 2001 jerseys and patches since the cards which have this patch in/on it are all from 2004 (Primarily Absolute and 04 SP Game Used Edition)

Top Left
patch-al.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Nice haul.

How many of the Flair Name Plates have you seen? I have only ever seen the "O" Edmonds (which I own). These are GU right, not manufactured?

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas: Thanks George, I have only seen 1 Chavez letter, which I very happily own. You are correct they are game used. A collector owns the entire other Topps Sterling Chavez name plate (He only has 2 sets) which I have been working with the collector to try and complete a deal for it but I have a feeling it isn't going to happen anytime soon. But the Flair set has a better base design and also still has the material behind the letter unlike the Topps sterling giving it a much cleaner and crisp appearance.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Absolutely incredible Chad. I always look forward to seeing your maildays and your collection. You have one of the most impressive player collections I have ever seen.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5: Thank you!

muskiesfan: Thank you for the compliment. I do enjoy building and sharing my collection with other collectors. Hopefully there are many more additions to be had for the collection :)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
EricChavezCollector3 said:
2003 Donruss Master Set Eric Chavez /15 (I already had the verison /20 what is the difference between these besides the numbering?)
2003DonTea4b.jpg

If you look, the /20 is the Master Set. The /15 is the Master TEAM Set.

To complicate things for you, the Master Set cards with serial numbers 1-10 have Gold foil, while numbers 11-20 have Silver foil.

Look on the bright side- it's another card to chase!

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
VizquelCollector: So there are 2 versions of Master Set in addition to the 1 version of the Master Team Set? I don't usually worry about variations but it is nice to know there are more versions out there. Do you have all three versions?

yankeesfan24: Thanks!

Latest posts