Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickie Weeks and Delmon Young

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
They are both having the types of seasons people thought they were capable of when they were drafted; finally

Question: why is Young getting all the attention? Weeks has to get hit in the head to get mentioned, yet as far as a lead-off hitter goes, there's no more potent a hitter out there.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, Weeks hasbeen pretty much lights out this season. I especially know this since he's on my fantasy team. Always nice to have your 2B with 20 HR's at this point. :D

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Weeks has been overshadowed a bit by Corey Hart, but Rickie's been quite good this year. Last year probably should have been his breakout, but he got injured.

Now, maybe we'll see a revival of Chris Lubanski, Brandon Wood, and Ryan Harvey!

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The thing no one has realized is that his defense hasn't been that bad either. He committed an error today, but he's been quite serviceable at 2B. He's improved over the years. I remember when he couldn't throw to save his life!

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2003 rookies are having quite a year.

Not that the card values are moving much.

Rickie Weeks

Delmon Young

John Danks

Andre Either

Brian McCann

Markakis (solid again)

Adam Jones (2nd half turnaround)

Daric Barton

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
Markakis (solid again)
Agree with the rest of your list, but as someone who had high expectations for Markakis, he's reached a point where he's may no longer even deserve to be a regular. He's on pace for 10 homers, and is no longer stealing any bases.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Funny thing this looks like one of my fantasy teams I have all of these guys on one of my teams.
I'm currently in 4th place with this team and I'm only 6 games back :lol:
Mudcatsfan said:
2003 rookies are having quite a year.

Not that the card values are moving much.

Rickie Weeks

Delmon Young

John Danks

Andre Either

Brian McCann

Markakis (solid again)

Adam Jones (2nd half turnaround)

Daric Barton

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
While Weeks is having a great season, Delmon is having an even better one. Add to the fact that he is 2 years younger and has been the most clutch hitter in baseball this season, he should get more attention.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He is still a solid hitter with a good eye and while his power numbers are not ideal, he isn't Jeremy Hermida or anything.

Topnotchsy said:
Mudcatsfan said:
Markakis (solid again)
Agree with the rest of your list, but as someone who had high expectations for Markakis, he's reached a point where he's may no longer even deserve to be a regular. He's on pace for 10 homers, and is no longer stealing any bases.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I'm just waiting for the news Weeks will be knocked out for the year with some injury.

Seems like the last several years, he hasn't been able to put together full seasons.

hive17 said:
They are both having the types of seasons people thought they were capable of when they were drafted; finally

Question: why is Young getting all the attention? Weeks has to get hit in the head to get mentioned, yet as far as a lead-off hitter goes, there's no more potent a hitter out there.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
nikateen said:
While Weeks is having a great season, Delmon is having an even better one. Add to the fact that he is 2 years younger and has been the most clutch hitter in baseball this season, he should get more attention.

I could totally argue this. Weeks leads Young in hits, games played, runs, HR's, BB's. Hitting leadoff and from a premium position.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
nikateen said:

I could totally argue this. Weeks leads Young in hits, games played, runs, HR's, BB's. Hitting leadoff and from a premium position.

Rickie Weeks trails Young in .AVG, RBI, SLG and OPS. Weeks has also struck out almost 80 more times.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, it's hard to believe both of these players have been around on cardboard for 7+ years. But thats the current trend in baseball. Get them in packs as early a possible. Not everyone blazes through the minors and make an immediate impact in MLB. Some, even the greats, take some time to reach full potential.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
nikateen said:
sheetskout said:
nikateen said:

Rickie Weeks trails Young in .AVG, RBI, SLG and OPS. Weeks has also struck out almost 80 more times.

Funny. Everything except RBI is a mathematical ratio. Bottom line is that Weeks has played more, gotten on base more, scored more.

Young has driven in more. But not much more. And that has a lot to do with Weeks hitting in the leadoff position. Weeks also leads Major League baseball in leadoff home runs (no one on base).

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
hive17 said:

Martin Prado would like to have a word with you.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:

So does Chris Young. .270avg 17HR 63RBI 21SB

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:

That's an excellent point too. It's just that Young and Weeks were tied at the neck, being drafted so close to each other and getting compared to each other. But when they both blow up, it's a little inconsistant in the media coverage is all.

But I would say Prado is having the most underrated season of ANYONE this year.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
hive17 said:
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:

That's an excellent point too. It's just that Young and Weeks were tied at the neck, being drafted so close to each other and getting compared to each other. But when they both blow up, it's a little inconsistant in the media coverage is all.

It really is unfortunate that the Brewers have absolutely no pitching, they're offense is great.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:

It really is unfortunate that the Brewers have absolutely no pitching, there offense is great.

A certain player named Yovani Gallardo would highly disagree with that exagerated sentiment.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
sheetskout said:
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:
blitzerlover said:
hive17 said:

It really is unfortunate that the Brewers have absolutely no pitching, there offense is great.

A certain player named Yovani Gallardo would highly disagree with that exagerated sentiment.

Ok, they have one pitcher. My bad....