Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sorry, but new poll

Who do you want to win cy young?

• Tim Lincecum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
blanning71 said:
I thought there was. I just think that its funny that there are now atleast three Lincecum threads within the top 15 posts on here on the main page.
My bad. I felt bad making the other one, but its two different questions, won't happen again.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
sethyarkony said:
john danks isnt on there, sorry.

How can he? he has no right to.

I mean he is only 10-6, I mean yes his ERA is awesome! but that is not the only factor. if that is the case then Cliff Lee hands down because his ERA is lower and has many more wins, on a much weaker team.

I know danks will probably get some votes, I hope he does because I like him and I have him RC White REF Auto :D but he is not top 5 I don't think on anyones list.

His numbers:
10-6 3.30 ERA 131 SO 160.2 IP 1.24 WHIP

Others that will be in the running:
Cliff Lee- 19-2 2.43 ERA 145 SO 185.1 IP 1.07 WHIP
Roy Halladay- 16-9 2.69 ERA 175 SO 204.0 IP 1.04 WHIP
*these are the 2 that should get most consideration because of their numbers, I mean danks are good but nowhere close to these 2 machines!

K-ROD should get lots of votes too because of what he has done!

but unless cliff lee gets bombed in all of his final starts and I mean really bombed, he will win for sure.

But like I said Danks will get some votes, yet he is still not having a better year then these 3.

HERE IS WHAT I THINK WILL HAPPEN:
CY Young- Cliff Lee
Runner-Up- Roy Halladay

Followed by:
K-ROD
DICE-K
Ervin Santana
Joe Nathan
Mussina
Danks
Mariano Riveria
Papelbon

but yeah danks is doing pretty well for himself, and so are the SOX!

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
blanning71 said:
I think the OP was talking NL Cy Young, not AL. But hey, if its a Cy Young thread, why not hash out who will win the AL too. Great points you made though shep

hey thanks alot man :)

Yeah I believe Lincecum deserves alot of consideration too, but I see webb taking it.

Many more years to come for Lincy, this is his first full season! I mean what else can you ask for?

the kid is unbelievable, and if he keeps pitching the way he is...... there will be many CY's in his future.

That is ofcourse if Webb ever slows down lol :D

Members online

Latest posts