Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dan Haren Traded To The Angels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
To the Angels!!!! :?

Haren for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez and a player to be named

Heard it on the Giants game.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
some rumors going around that Trout is the PTBN.

Hahah, most definitely not the case. Some hopeful D'Backs fans made that one up, I'm sure, Angels wouldn't move Trout right now. Conger on the other hand......

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
There's no way Trout is the PTBNL, and because of that, this is a complete whiff by the DBacks. Haren, even with his high ERA this year (caused by a ridiculous home run rate, as his peripherals are still elite), is one of the best pitchers in the game. Joe Saunders, on the hand, is not even in the same stratosphere. To be able to acquire Haren, who is under contract at a tremendous price, but Joe Saunders and a few minor leaguers, is a tremendous haul. As a Dodger fan, I'm glad to see Haren out of the division, but this is a killer for DBacks fan because the return is so subpar.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Acquiring Joe Saunders is subtraction by addition for the DBacks.

I remember hearing his name in the Halladay rumours. It terrified me.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
the angels need a bat or maybe 6 bats. but they didn't give up much so this is a nice pick up

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:

i can almost guarantee you it isn't trout. ptbnl's are generally players who are either on the dl or have yet to be in the system for a full season. my gut says it's either grichuk or conger

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If it was Trout, he'd be the third player highlighted in the trade, not the PTBNL.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I was watching Phils-Rocks post-game and Stark was very surprised Cali got Haren and IMHO, they didn't give up very much at all.

Dumping the payroll will help Arizona, but they need pitching soooo bad...

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Halonut said:
mwashuc06 said:

i can almost guarantee you it isn't trout. ptbnl's are generally players who are either on the dl or have yet to be in the system for a full season. my gut says it's either grichuk or conger

PTBNLs can also be used for the acquiring team to prolong the decision and scout the listed players. That's how the Padres got Gregerson from the Cardinals.