Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY Help Needed! Bidder no longer wants card....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Had only two auctions running this week and they both ended earlier this afternoon. Had one person pay a couple hours after (pretty standard) but then I get an email from the winner of the other auction stating this:

Dear ltjlosersnkings,

I would like to return the Wil Myers card right now. I no longer need it. Thanks!

- jawpawjpjt

What the frack is this? He bid on the card sometime last night and was the high bidder through today and won the card. I think its funny he used the word 'return' in his email. It's hard to return something you never bought in the first place. I emailed the buyer stating something along the lines of "I still expect payment within the parameters in the auction listing (5 days) and will file for my fees back if it is not received by then. Why even bid at all?" His id is above, jawpawjpjt if anyone wants to block him from bidding on further auctions. Any ideas for what else I should do? Or the like? Thanks.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would just go through and put the NPB on him and get your fees back. I wouldn't even bother trying to make him pay for it as IMO, it would just greatly widen the door opening for problems down the road.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I would just go through and put the NPB on him and get your fees back. I wouldn't even bother trying to make him pay for it as IMO, it would just greatly widen the door opening for problems down the road.

This was pretty much what I was thinking.....wait the necessary days, file for NPB, and hope that he doesn't neg me. That's pretty much what I'm worried about, Ebay won't protect me from getting a negative feedback even though the bidder clearly had no intention on purchasing the item.

Thanks guys.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
It's called seller's can no longer leave negatives...so buyer's can pull this every now and then and really face no reprucutions.

It sucks, but there;s really nothing you can do to force him to pay. The only thing you can really do is wait the few days or whatever it is and then file a NPB. That way you can recoup you're fee''s and at least give him a NPB strike.
Can also give out his screenname so he can be blocked by others......so they don;t get burned and could screw the guy over in the future.
Had it happen a couple times recently and I lost out on quite a bit of money going through the nonsense. :(

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Sorry you had to get hit by this, but at least you have a productive outlook on it. At least he didn't try to string you along, or not tell you at all that he wasn't going to pay.

Every week it seems like it's getting harder and harder to sell on eBay.

Joshua.Roundtree said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

This was pretty much what I was thinking.....wait the necessary days, file for NPB, and hope that he doesn't neg me. That's pretty much what I'm worried about, Ebay won't protect me from getting a negative feedback even though the bidder clearly had no intention on purchasing the item.

Thanks guys.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Thanks guys.

Could be wrong but if you close it out and he's left with the strike I don't think he;d be able to leave a neg.
And if he somehow was able to or did so before hand you should be able to have it removed.
So hopefully you won;t have to worry about that.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:
I believe if you mutally agree to just cancel the transaction, you can get your fees back and he can't leave feedback

Bingo.

I will probably go this route, I'll recontact the buyer and see if he'd like to do this. Don't see how he would object, thanks again guys.
But then the buyer can continue on doing this. If you leave an NPB, that's one less he needs to get kicked off eBay. What if he does this regularly?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Joshua.Roundtree said:
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:
I believe if you mutally agree to just cancel the transaction, you can get your fees back and he can't leave feedback

Bingo.

I will probably go this route, I'll recontact the buyer and see if he'd like to do this. Don't see how he would object, thanks again guys.

Yup, but you'll risk being accused of shilling.

Someone will come on this board in 20 minutes and say, "Offered second chance 10 hours after auction closed. Seller said buyer changed his mind"

It's still the best route to go.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
The other day a guy said the same thing to me. I emailed him back and said I'd like to complete the transaction and he said ok and paid right away... :lol:

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:

Bingo.

easiest way, sure.
will it stop you or others from having this happen again, no
the guy deserves a strike. buyers with 2 or more npb strikes in a certain amount of time aren't permitted to bid on my auctions. I think a lot of others have it set up that way too. If every seller is going to let every buyer off the hook, we'll just have to deal with it from time to time.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
kentuckyderby said:
give him strike otherwise some not knowing situation will label you as shill

This, do not do the Mutual Agreement. You let him out of the bidding obligations. NPB is the only recourse sellers have and enough will hurt him in the long run.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
pigskincardboard said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:

Bingo.

Someone will come on this board in 20 minutes and say, "Offered second chance 10 hours after auction closed. Seller said buyer changed his mind"

Best route being mutual cancellation? Kinda confused. Someone might think shill but I'm pretty sure this is the first time this person has bid on any of my listings.

Noted that if I were to cancel it would just allow this bidder to continue doing this to others. I think I'm going to wait until I hear back from him and go from there, still haven't heard from him since I messaged him.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Joshua.Roundtree said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1drrimma]
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:

Bingo.

Best route being mutual cancellation? Kinda confused. Someone might think shill but I'm pretty sure this is the first time this person has bid on any of my listings.

Noted that if I were to cancel it would just allow this bidder to continue doing this to others. I think I'm going to wait until I hear back from him and go from there, still haven't heard from him since I messaged him.[/quote:1drrimma]

So file an NPB -- He'll pay. He'll either claim that he didn't receive the item, that the item wasn't as described, or something completely arbitrary. He'll then falsify feedback and drop you a negative.

People are D-Bags and I'm sure he'll pay just so that he can be a *********.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
pigskincardboard said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":6uiuasl1]
matfanofold said:
zep33 said:

Bingo.

Noted that if I were to cancel it would just allow this bidder to continue doing this to others. I think I'm going to wait until I hear back from him and go from there, still haven't heard from him since I messaged him.

So file an NPB -- He'll pay. He'll either claim that he didn't receive the item, that the item wasn't as described, or something completely arbitrary. He'll then falsify feedback and drop you a negative.

People are D-Bags and I'm sure he'll pay just so that he can be a *********.[/quote:6uiuasl1]

You must have ESP bro... got this as a response from the bidder.

eBay eBay sent this message to Joshua Shea (ltjlosersnkings).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Buyer has responded to your question about this item
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear ltjlosersnkings,

So do you want me to pay for it, receive it in the mail, and then send it back. In your auction it says that you have a 3 day return policy. Thanks!

- jawpawjpjt

Officially blocked forever. jawpawjpjt

Members online

Latest posts