Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lars Anderson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
When is the ETA for his call up. I remember probably like may-ish his golds were at 300 now they cant get bids at 150? Whats the deal? Is this a potential easy flip?

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
scotty21690 said:
He should be called up now, Red Sox offense is terrible. Can't hurt right?
thats what I was thinking. I don't know why his stuff fell off the face of the earth.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
scotty21690 said:
thats what I was thinking. I don't know why his stuff fell off the face of the earth.

Because last year he fell way short of expectations.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
scotty21690 said:
Probably because of his off season last year in the minors...and he has not been talked about at all recently.

Now would be a good time to buy though

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
MarlinsManiac20 said:
When is the ETA for his call up. I remember probably like may-ish his golds were at 300 now they cant get bids at 150? Whats the deal? Is this a potential easy flip?

Red Sox fans are already counting the days to the Pat's first preseason game.

Yet another player fans have no clue who they are.

They would have to make some serious noise to make it worth the investment.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
scotty21690 said:

Nice sig....I'm glad you ended up adding the triple patch. Wish it was that triple tag patch though :p

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

A couple years ago all you ever heard about was Bowden, Kelly and Anderson.

Now when you mention those three names all you hear are crickets.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
scotty21690 said:
blitzerlover said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
scotty21690 said:

Nice sig....I'm glad you ended up adding the triple patch. Wish it was that triple tag patch though :p

Yeah, me too. I hope I see that card again, because I'm not losing it next time.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

Dont forget masterson in that mix.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
EricInCT said:
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

Jed Lowrie?

And, what happened to Reddick?
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... pid=502210
I'm not talking stats, look at that "sex offender registry"-esque picture. :?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

Definitely crickets..Writing off a 20 year old in AA in his first year of committment to pitching and a 22 year old in AAA who absolutely destroyed AA at the beginning of the year definitely leads to crickets. That would be like saying Montero was absolutely worthless after his start to this year. Honestly, your schtick is becoming very boring..Try something else.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

We should trade back for Masterson to be our long reliever, we could use one of those...and get rid of Okajima!

And Bowden is on the Sox....hard to make noise when you are a relief pitcher...

cminkb8 - He was really strong in AA this season, and he has had a pretty decent July...

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jays_Cards said:
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

Definitely crickets..Writing off a 20 year old in AA in his first year of committment to pitching and a 22 year old in AAA who absolutely destroyed AA at the beginning of the year definitely leads to crickets. That would be like saying Montero was absolutely worthless after his start to this year. Honestly, your schtick is becoming very boring..Try something else.

The point isn't that they don't have a chance, it is the fact that they were over hyped and then they dropped off. They went from being in every conversation about the sox to being never heard about.

I'm not writing them off, they just went super hype to, ehh, who's (insert player name here)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

you have been very thanked fellow yankee fan !!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
vwnut13 said:
Jays_Cards said:
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

The point isn't that they don't have a chance, it is the fact that they were over hyped and then they dropped off. They went from being in every conversation about the sox to being never heard about.

I'm not writing them off, they just went super hype to, ehh, who's (insert player name here)

They are still extremely hyped..Kelly is still considered a top 25 (he was 24th on the recently updated midseason BA List)prospect and Lars is generally considered a top 50-60 prospect. You don't hear much about them anymore because the Red Sox have been VERY agressive with them and have promoted them much faster than prospects of similar ages from other teams. This has caused them to struggle more than expected, but Red Sox management has been extremely happy with the progress that both has made. The perception of prospects on this board is driven by new releases of BC and BDP. It does not mirror reality in the least.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Like Joba.
What a fraud he turned to be.
For the Yankees to be considering Soria for the 8th goes to show you have far his "star: has fallen.
Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago in SI, there was a poll of major leaguers on who they thought was the most overrated player in MLB. Who won?
Yup, you guessed it. Joba.
Ouch, that's a hard thing to shake when your contemporaries feel that way about you.

vwnut13 said:
Jays_Cards said:
vwnut13 said:
EricInCT said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Anderson is hitting .324 in his last 10 games...

Which means it has taken a bit of time to get used to AAA pitching, but that low BA will go up by the end of the season.

:::sigh.....yankee fans ::facepalm:: :::

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts