Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official FCB Giveaway Thread. RULES ADDED. TAKE A PEEK.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

I randomly had an idea light up in my head. I find myself having random cards that I don't want and I thought people on here could use them. It's simple I would list some cards and theyre yours if you want them. I'd put down SASE needed, Pay for shipping, or giveaway and you could claim them. I think as a community we could help each other out and you would be able to get rid of cards that can't sell, cards with dings, or stuff people would need. This would not be a SELL Thread with listed prices, it's simply a "Get Rid of cards" thread.

FCB Giveaway Thread Rules.

I suck at making rules so these are all random with no flow.

This thread’s purpose is simple. It’s to get rid of cards you no longer want and to hopefully help members out. This is a “Help me, help you” kinda idea. If you want to get rid of cards you can post anything you want from cards with dings to old retired prospects. When listing a card please include what type of collector you would want getting this card. If you don’t care just list the card. Then include how you are giving the card away (SASE, Pay for shipping, FREE, ETC).

Here are some examples of how cards should be listed:

2008 Topps Ken Griffey Jr. Gold /2008 – Looking for a player collector – SASE

Or

2010 Upper Deck Basketball lot x25 – Pay 3$ for shipping

Or

2010 Allen & Ginter Gavin Floyd mini (Dinged corner) – FREE

Or

2008 Topps Finest Miguel Cabrera Autograph – Only looking for a hardcore PC. Please show proof! - SASE
____________________________________________________________________________________________
If you would like a card, please post in the thread. It would be great for you if you would post a reason why you should get the card(s). Preferably, PM the member that is giving the card away also. I don’t want people who post cards running around trying to contact members who want them.

Other Rules

-It is highly highly highly recommended that if you take you GIVE BACK.

-Limit yourself please! Don’t be known as the “Giveaway *****”

- When sending a SASE PLEASE Include “FCB Giveaway Thread” and what card you are getting!

-DON'T ASK for something in this thread. i.e.- "If anyone has any of Strasburg for a sase, I will take them"

- People that are getting cards should be people that contribute to the board. I don’t want a guy with 1 post flying in saying “I’ll take that autograph!”

-Giveaway cards should be updated. If a card is taken edit your post a put down a simple “Gone”. This will prevent confusion.

-Please also list which member got the giveaway card after it is "Gone".

-People that are giving away cards have THE RIGHT to say NO! It’s not your card it’s there’s! Don’t cry if someone feels that someone else should get the card instead of you.

-Please don’t list a card with an outrageous shipping cost just to try to make a buck, no one wants crap like that.

-If you mail a SASE and it's not stamp covered it will NOT get mailed back.

Please give me your thoughts on this idea, and FEEL FREE to post stuff you want to get rid of.

thanks

PLEASE HELP ME ADD RULES AND IDEAS. LET'S GET THIS THING FLOWING NICELY!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Re: The Official FCB Giveaway Thread.

Great idea! My only worry would be people snagging up free stuff to sell, or horde,...for example:

I have a semi-rare Griffey Pin, and I would like to offer it up for free on this thread, but I would want it to go to a Griffey collector who may need, or actually want it.

Once I post, it would be whoever the first to see it could snag it...so, say a Miguel Cabrera collector says he'll take it. I wouldn't feel right about that.
I would rather offer it up in a contest, or pm the Griffey collectors on the Player Collector list.

This thread would have to be for stuff that you really really don't care about.

RandomH

gwynn5453l4u said:
Great idea! My only worry would be people snagging up free stuff to sell, or horde,...for example:

I have a semi-rare Griffey Pin, and I would like to offer it up for free on this thread, but I would want it to go to a Griffey collector who may need, or actually want it.

Once I post, it would be whoever the first to see it could snag it...so, say a Miguel Cabrera collector says he'll take it. I wouldn't feel right about that.
I would rather offer it up in a contest, or pm the Griffey collectors on the Player Collector list.

This thread would have to be for stuff that you really really don't care about.
I agree with you on that one. Maybe we could add like "Griffey Collectors only" or "My choice". I mean the whole giveaway thing can be fixed up to help you. You can add tell a guy nah i'm looking for someone different to get the card and I don't think he'll get mad because it's a your card and your giveaway.
I'm sure bugs can be fixed is what I mean. I mean the main idea of this thread is to get rid of cards you don't want instead of lighting them on fire.

TB- PM sent.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010

Some stuff that I have for free. It's not much, but they're just sitting on my desk. I'll likely be adding more soon. I would have eBay'd the Andruw, but with my luck the person would say that it was creased and I'd get an item not described and stuff. I don't care if someone gets them for resale or for trade bait, I just want them out of here:

Andruw Jones 1996 Leaf Authentic Signatures Auto Card (crease that shows on back but not front) - GONE
2ypeufr.jpgei2vbo.jpg
Jhoulys Chacin 2008 Bowman Chrome FY Ref /500 - SASE
Yadier Molina 2004 Fleer Inscribed RC /750 - SASE GONE

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

Nice gesture, guys. I'm sure someone will grab that Jones.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

RandomH said:
I gotta think up some rules on this because I don't want some guy sweeping up everything. Hmm..if there are any thoughts or ideas out there please share.

One card per person? To get more than that, you have to give twice as many as you receive?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Great idea, and great gestures. I'm half tempted to ask for the Jones since he's a Sock now, but I'm sure there's a Braves or Jones fan who could use it more than me since he's not in Sox uniform.

A suggestion:
Maybe have a sitpulation that you have to prove your collection matches with the card.

For example, if somebody posts a 2007 Bowman Chrome Refractor of Player X, the person requesting it has to have proof they collect Player X, the team Player X plays for, or is maybe building the set.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area

RandomH said:
2010 Panini Adrenalyn Gerald Wallace Shiny, Wade, Anthony, Beasley, Posey, Barnes - SASE

Please PM me your address for the Beasley card! I collect any and all!

Thanks,

- Jason

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

I have thought about starting an "Autograph Orphanage" thread. I have tons of crap autos that go way back, and somewhere, somebody must want them. This is stuff that wouln't get a bid, much less a look on eBay. (I only seem to pull autos of guys who never have or never will play a game in the majors. Once in awhile, but mostly, I get scrubs.) I'll put up a scan to show what I mean.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Submitted for your approval...

autos.jpg

And that's just a sample.

Oh yeah, there's more where that came from. PM me if you're interested. SASE works for me.

RandomH

2010 Panini Adrenalyn Gerald Wallace Shiny, Wade, Anthony, , Posey, Barnes - SASE
2010 Panini Paul Millsap Future Stars - SASE
A 2008 Bowman Draft Sticker. (These came witha hobby box) - SASE
2008 Bowman Draft Jason Heyward Gold Chunk (Ding on top left) - SASE GONE howardpwr06
2007 Topps Cincinnati Reds Team Set. Still in packaging, but it has some bends on it. - SASE
2007 Just Minors Zech Zinicola Autograph - SASE GONE imac220
2007 Bowman Lot Dunn,Ichiro,Ortiz,Ordonez,Mauer - SASE
2006 Bowman Draft Nick Adenhart Futures Game Chrome - SASE
2005 Donruss Diamond Kings Lot x16 - SASE (If you don't cover the shipping on the SASE it won't be mailed)
2004 Fleer Skybox Prospect Alfredo Simon /1500 - SASE
2002 Select Wilson Guzman Autograph - SASE GONE TBTwinsFan

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Greg Cleveland said:
Submitted for your approval...

And that's just a sample.

Oh yeah, there's more where that came from. PM me if you're interested. SASE works for me.
PM coming for the Pacheco :)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
This kind of the trade manager without trading. In there you list what you have and you add a price if you want money or you can say free too.
Good Idea though H not bagging on this at all. Oh yeah I found some cards of your boy the other day. I wonder if I was going to send them to you but forgot ;)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have some Ginter base and some Bowman base (2010) that can go to set builders or player collectors. I have a LOT, looking for SASE on up to 3 cards or pay part shipping for more

Members online

Latest posts