Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Santana - No Love - Why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Carlos Santana is skating through his rookie year with next to NO FAN FAIR.

I realize his numbers aren't eye popping, but there is one thing that stands out to me.

His numbers are MUCH better than Ike Davis, especially OBP, BB/K, Slugging, OPS, etc. Yet, we hear nothing about him. Is it the Cleveland effect? Or just not enough homeruns at this point?

AB - 130
2B - 13
HR - 6
RBI - 21
AVG - .269
OBP - .414
OPS - .922
K - 26
BB - 34

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Wondering the same thing. Absolute beast. Not heavily invested at all, but I think he will be one of the best offensive and defensive catchers in the league for a long period of time..

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
frzg said:
I actually think its because of Posey. Same position but is currently blowing him out of the water.

I think you will see Santana catch up at some point. Santana has a higher OBP, and much better BB/K ratio. Two big factors in hitters success in my opinion. We shall see. They are both VERY FREAKING GOOD in my opinion.

skrip

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ballerskrip said:
OBP - .414
OPS - .922
K - 26
BB - 34

Because of those stats the love will come. Overlooked partly because of Posey(I like Santana better) and mostly because he plays in Cleveland

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
The number one reason is because he's playing in Cleveland. The second is that while he's doing pretty well, he hasn't posted the crazy numbers that Posey has. In the long run, I like Santana better, but the "what have you done lately?" factor favors Posey. Then again, Santana was getting little love before Posey exploded and that leads me back to reason number one.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think he is getting just the right ammount of attention for what and where he is, apples to oranges comparisons aside. Ike plays for a big market, where he made an immediate splash and has contributed to the team the whole year. Carlos has not really had too many espn moments, plays for the Indians, and has only played half the season.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
ThoseBackPages said:
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:
laugh if you like, but i think his name HURTS him, collecting wise

So did Ken Griffey JR's ;)

not really.

search eBay "carlos santana" and you'll see what i mean.

Yeah but anyone with a brain for collecting clicks on sports. That was a dumb point i think.

Razor must have a tough time too then if that's your point of view.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:

not really.

Yeah but anyone with a brain for collecting clicks on sports. That was a dumb point i think.

ebay sheep are not known for "brains"

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:

not really.

He's actually right. I search Matthew Moore stuff all the time and you really do miss stuff every now and then with all the other crap mixed into search results. I can only imagine what it'd be like with about 4,000 non baseball card listings every time you search for Santana.

Members online

Latest posts