Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

White Sox are dominant.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Back at home and killin it already.

I love how Ozzie plays small ball and has Pierre move Beckham over from 2nd to 3rd with a bunt (0 outs) and then Alexei Ramirez just blasts a home run and 2 more are put on the board. Sorry if this post bores some, but for Sox fans it is a great time!

:)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Lovin it. I'm still wondering if they'll make a trade before the deadline. I'm glad they told Beckham he won't be traded. I know the Nats were reported as wanting Beckham and then some for Dunn.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Card Magnet said:
Lovin it. I'm still wondering if they'll make a trade before the deadline. I'm glad they told Beckham he won't be traded. I know the Nats were reported as wanting Beckham and then some for Dunn.

I'll take Adam Dunn's K's and say NO! Keep our Sox the same!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
sethyarkony said:
Card Magnet said:

Take Adam Dunn's K's and split them between the pitching staff. :mrgreen:

Are the White Sox in first?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
the only way the sox have a deal involving the nats and beckham is if they're getting strasburg.

aka beckham isn't going anywhere

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
J.O. said:
the only way the sox have a deal involving the nats and beckham is if they're getting strasburg.

aka beckham isn't going anywhere
That's stretching it even for you, JO. ;)

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
scotty21690 said:
sethyarkony said:
Card Magnet said:

Take Adam Dunn's K's and split them between the pitching staff. :mrgreen:

Are the White Sox in first?

Answer: yes.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Chicago really likes sports ambassadors...it clearly leads to championships.

Hawks first with all the oldtimers.

Reinsdorf followed suit with Pippen back with the Bulls. Now he brought Thomas home.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
sethyarkony said:

Reinsdorf followed suit with Pippen back with the Bulls. Now he brought Thomas home.
Not to mention a good percent of the Sox office and coaching staff have at one point or another played for the Sox.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
sethyarkony said:

Thats a good call.

Gavin Floyd is pitching great tonight. I believe since like June 8th he has the 2nd lowest ERA.
I hope they can keep it up but I believe Kenny has something up his sleeve and will pull off a move.
Im a Die Hard Sox fan and I think the team is good but if he thinks a move will make the team better he will make it.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
gogosox40 said:
sethyarkony said:

Thats a good call.

Gavin Floyd is pitching great tonight. I believe since like June 8th he has the 2nd lowest ERA.
I hope they can keep it up but I believe Kenny has something up his sleeve and will pull off a move.
Im a Die Hard Sox fan and I think the team is good but if he thinks a move will make the team better he will make it.

The new show "The Club" really makes me love the team even more. Shows personality that many fans cant see in their own teams. We really should start a White Sox chat thread!

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
sethyarkony said:
gogosox40 said:
sethyarkony said:

Thats a good call.

The new show "The Club" really makes me love the team even more. Shows personality that many fans cant see in their own teams. We really should start a White Sox chat thread!

I love the show as well. Lets start up the White Sox Chat thread and show off our white sox cards! For fans only :)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Actually the Nats said Dunn for Beckham straight up. As a Dunn fan, I think if he were to go to the ChiSox and get an extension (say 3 years), it would be good for him and the team. He might hit 50 a year at the Cell.

Also, for those talking about his K's, his career OBP is over .380, averages around 40 HRs/100 RBI/100 Walks, plus has been hitting well above his career average the last 2 seasons. I have no idea why teams don't want to add that to their line up. Plus he could DH, though he says doesn't want to, and occasionally run him out to 1B so he stays happy. Win-win.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
muskiesfan said:
Actually the Nats said Dunn for Beckham straight up. As a Dunn fan, I think if he were to go to the ChiSox and get an extension (say 3 years), it would be good for him and the team. He might hit 50 a year at the Cell.

Also, for those talking about his K's, his career OBP is over .380, averages around 40 HRs/100 RBI/100 Walks, plus has been hitting well above his career average the last 2 seasons. I have no idea why teams don't want to add that to their line up. Plus he could DH, though he says doesn't want to, and occasionally run him out to 1B so he stays happy. Win-win.

Lemme just say Beckham has been hitting the ball damn hard all season, regardless of his .240 AVG. Dude has way more time left than Dunn and is the future for many years to come.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
muskiesfan said:
Was just bustin your chops, Joe. Wanted to see if you would see it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I know the Red Sox could use a Dunn right now, LOL!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
As Twins fan I hope the Sox don't get Dunn. Keep Beckham and his light weight bat. Dunn would CRUSH in the cell. 45-50 a year he would hit as a Sox.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm sorry, I wasn't saying that they should have traded Beckham. I was just saying that was the reported proposed deal. I honestly think Hudson plus Flowers or Danks gets the deal done.

Scotty- I know bud. ;) I really do think that the White Sox would be a good fit for him. He seems to be improving his hitting, but I really wish he would lower his K's. He has gotten much better at 1B too. He's a much, much better first baseman than outfielder.

Members online