Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Abraham Lincoln - Davis dual auto Topps Tribute pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
I get the RR -- but what's the AC for ?
Authentic cut or Auto'd card would be my only possible guesses. It could also be random.

Edit: Or maybe Americans (vs.) Confederates?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
wow, a big Topps hit from Pennsylvania - i'm shocked. Kind of like seeing a big Upper Deck hit from California, or Asia.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
:shock:

As a total history nut, that is one sweet card. There's so much history between the two and those autographs look phenomenal for their age.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
brouthercard said:
wow, a big Topps hit from Pennsylvania - i'm shocked. Kind of like seeing a big Upper Deck hit from California, or Asia.

That is pretty rare. :lol:

But it looks like that guy rips ALOT of wax.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Wow, that's pretty sick. I don't care for the Davis half, but I would LOVE to have the Lincoln. Even then, I would prefer his more typical "A. Lincoln" sig.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
zach said:
I'm guessing that someone felt that the "J" in Jefferson was not that important to have in the signature?
His generals knew him better as Efferson Davis, so it's not important ::facepalm:: . Still an amazing card, and a beauty I would have hung onto if I pulled just because I love history. Plus, I could have tormented my brother with the fact I owned it.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Card Magnet said:
zach said:
I'm guessing that someone felt that the "J" in Jefferson was not that important to have in the signature?
His generals knew him better as Efferson Davis, so it's not important ::facepalm:: . Still an amazing card, and a beauty I would have hung onto if I pulled just because I love history. Plus, I could have tormented my brother with the fact I owned it.

Thanks for the morning laugh! :lol:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
That is a very impressive card. but its cards like this, that makes the packs so expencive. Dont get me wrong if i pulled it I would of been going nuts. but the odds?

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Awesome, awesome card. Any bets on what it will go for besides the 40k BIN? How would one go about protecting such a card?

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Am I the only one who doesn't like the bright, shiny foilboard on these throwback players and people?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Crash Davis said:
brouthercard said:

Why does that annoy you?

I guess the concept that wax releases and big pulls are not entirely random, but that a person actually can increase their chances of a big pull from a particular product just based on where they purchase the box/case from, and based on which print run the cases are coming from.

I know nothing can be done about it, I guess it's just something good to know if you are chasing a particular card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts