Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What MAJOR MLB Events have you been to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Just wondering. Like a World Series game counts, a no-no, perfect game, etc. The debut of a star/bust. Record breakers?

I was at 2005 World Series Game 2, and 2005 ALCS Game 2 (Pierzynski dropped ball incident).

I was also at Mark Prior's MLB Debut on my father's birthday in 2002 at Wrigley against the Pirates.

Please share some memories.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Nolan Ryan's last game he ever pitched. Grabbed his elbow on the last pitch he threw, walked off to a standing ovation as the crowd knew.

2001 Mariners win #116

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Does Lester's 200th strikeout last year or like 6 hour rain delay at Yankees stadium waiting for a Yanks/Sox game count......cause that's about the biggest "events" I've witnessed. :lol:

Maybe someday I'll see something really cool.......ever since I was a kid, I'd root for a no-hitter. When I go to Wrigley I have no rooting interest so that's what I always hope happens.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I went to David Cone's perfect game. It was TOO hot (over 100 degrees, I think an old man died at the hospital though who was at the game due to heat stroke), so I left in the 3rd inning ::facepalm::
I also had tickets to go to David Wells' perfect game, but since it was the day after my mom's birthday, and I was pretty young, I didn't go.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Last game at the old county stadium in Milwaukee x2 Because of the accident building the stadium the had to play into the next year.
So I was at what was to be the last official game at the stadium. And then again the last one that was actually played.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Not sure that it's a "major" event in baseball, but I saw Griffey Jr. hit the warehouse at Camden Yards during the '93 Home Run Derby. (I believe still the only person to do so)

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
2002 All Star Game that ended in Tie-

AJ Burnett's No No against Padres(walked 9)

2001 NL Playoff Game 5 St Louis vs Az Diamondbacks

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
9/8/98 McGwire #62. Just about the best night of my life. Highlights: Technicolor vomit and buying souvenirs for kids outside the stadium after the game.

6/20/04 Griffey #500. Pretty cool, his parents were sitting a section over from us.

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
2009 NLCS Game 3 Dodgers @ Phillies. Phils win 11-0 behind Cliff Lee

Not MLB but: Stephen Strasburg first professional start...Harrisburg Senators @ Altoona Curve

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Nomo's no hitter at Coors Field
Pirates and Dodgers each turning triple plays in each game of a doubleheader
Ichiro throwing out 3 runners at home against the Royals

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
jlecates said:
Not sure that it's a "major" event in baseball, but I saw Griffey Jr. hit the warehouse at Camden Yards during the '93 Home Run Derby. (I believe still the only person to do so)

When I read that I thought you were saying you were the only person to see him do it, lol.

I went to the 2001 home run derby in Seattle. I was going to each side of the park depending on the hitter and I ended up catching a Luis Gonzalez home run and getting on TV. When Sammy Sosa was up I sprinted to left field above the bullpen and sure enough as soon as I get there a line drive and I mean on a rope is flying right at me. This guy around 18 steps up and puts his hat out in front of his face to catch it. Yes, read that again, his hat is in front of his face trying to catch the ball like its a mitt. Hits the hat dead in the middle and the ball pulls the hat out of his hand into his face. His whole left side of his face caved in and the ball dropped to the bullpen. The guy kind of looked there stunned and then fell down, his face literally caved in. Disgusting.

TheDailyProspect

Aug 19, 2008
I got tickets hoping to see the Cubs make the world series...

Instead I was in left-center field bleachers for Game 6 of the NLCS...yep the Bartman game.

Mark

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
1999 All-Star Weekend at Fenway Park. The Home Run Derby, and the game, with Pedro having that amazing night, and probably ruining his career as a result. And we saw him eating at Palm before the game.

And, it may not be major (or even MLB), but the first game of the first WBC in Orlando - DR v. Venezuela - is one of the greatest sporting events I've ever attended.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
1999 All-Star Game at Fenway Park

Johnny "sell out"damon 1st game back at fenway park

Last game of the 2004 Reg Season at Fenway

200 4ALCS game 4
(Family Friend had tickets was so sure they were goona lose he sold them to me for 20 bucks each (right feild bleacher seats))

Latest posts