Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

==========The Morning Thread==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
morning dan.

woke up this morning to find out that i lost out on this last night. gotta love a card of common players selling for $112. my high bid was $110. :(

!By,PfKQBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!iYEw5C17YTWBMRlVtCZ0g~~_12.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning to you MT nuts.
It's Hump Day so I need to get humping to work.

hey-ladies-24578-1245705893-26.jpg

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Good morning fellas. First day back after an involuntary vacation.
Hoping all is well and some goodies have fallen your way. Waiting to get my mail today to see if a double rainbow downs up today...off work so I've got all day to wait.
Have a good one folks!
Tom

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Sorry to hear that mox.

Morning Tom, Marro, Art, Richard

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Morning all! Well, for a grave guy like me it's evening, but I'm flexible. Anybody else ready for some cooler weather?

BTW, is this just a thread for regulars or can forum newbies like me participate? I don't want to stick my nose where it isn't wanted! :D

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Good morning MT! 2nd day off in a row! Planning on getting some yard work done today if I can find a chainsaw without buying or renting one.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
One Bad Day said:
Morning all! Well, for a grave guy like me it's evening, but I'm flexible. Anybody else ready for some cooler weather?

BTW, is this just a thread for regulars or can forum newbies like me participate? I don't want to stick my nose where it isn't wanted!
Good morning and Welcome. Anyone can and is encouraged to post.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
One Bad Day said:

BTW, is this just a thread for regulars or can forum newbies like me participate? I don't want to stick my nose where it isn't wanted! :D

All are welcome :)

Living in Seattle you might even know a couple of MTers already. I will let them introduce themselves though :)

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Good morning everyone.

Just found out that I need left shoulder surgery on my left shoulder at the end of September. :cry:
Haven't lifted a weight since last November, been through PT, iced and treated with antiinflammatories and still no improvement.
I already had the right shoulder done in 2006. I had a torn labrum, most likely from pitching and weights and that one feels great!
My othropaedic doc says that I got into heavy weightlifting a little later in life then most people and put a lot of stress on my shoulders.
After this, I am done with the heavy weights but will still continue to lift.
In the meantime, I have been doing a program called "Insanity" which is from the same people that do "P90X". No weights but lots of plyometric explosive movements and cardio.
Kicks your arse but I enjoy it.
Back to the shoulder; the MRI revealed no labral tear but then again, neither did the MRI on the right shoulder so who knows.
Hopefully it's just some tendonitis and a cleanup of the joint will allow more freedom of movement and I can get back to normal quicker.
I opted for the end of September because that will give me enough time to heal enough so that I can shovel and snowblow without any restrictions.
The crappy part? I lose a month and a half of golf season. ::facepalm::

Sorry for the rant.

Keith

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
klute14 said:
Good morning everyone.

Just found out that I need left shoulder surgery on my left shoulder at the end of September. :cry:
Haven't lifted a weight since last November, been through PT, iced and treated with antiinflammatories and still no improvement.
I already had the right shoulder done in 2006. I had a torn labrum, most likely from pitching and weights and that one feels great!
My othropaedic doc says that I got into heavy weightlifting a little later in life then most people and put a lot of stress on my shoulders.
In the meantime, I have been doing a program called "Insanity" which is from the same people that do "P90X". No weights but lots of plyometric explosive movements and cardio.
Back to the shoulder; the MRI revealed no labral tear but then again, neither did the MRI on the right shoulder so who knows.
Hopefully it's just some tendonitis and a cleanup of the joint will allow more freedom of movement and I can get back to normal quicker.
I opted for the end of September because that will give me enough time to heal enough so that I can shovel and snowblow without any restrictions.

Sorry for the rant.

Keith

susan-powter.jpg

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I hear you Bro!

A_Pharis said:
Keith: I hope all goes well with that. It could be worse than losing the golf season so count your lucky stars.

Good morning everyone else, including our newest poster - One Bad Day! Welcome!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
One Bad Day said:

welcome to FCB and the morning thread. I know I am ready for some cooler weather.

Keith sorry about the surgery and missing some golfing time. maybe it will improve your swing.

Darren and Adam good morning.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
klute14 said:
Good morning everyone.

Sorry for the rant.

Keith

In all seriousness, Stop lifting and such will cause your range of motion to decrease over time. I would invest in some therabands and increase with them over time before the surgery, To build back up a lot more muscle.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Morning! First day back to work for teachers today........wow that summer went fast. Have a great day everyone!

Members online

Latest posts