Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yet ANOTHER white envelope seller on eBay to avoid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Charged $3.99 postage for a plain white envelope with a $.42 stamp. Card in a top loader with tape (!) over the top loader.

The seller's name is "Brown".

Govern yourselves accordingly.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The tape actually bothers me more than PWEs, although I'd be pissed to pay $4 to get a PWE. But back to the tape.

Why do sellers do this? It takes about ten seconds longer to wrap paper around the top loader and tape the paper. This way even if the card slips towards the top of the loader it will hit paper and not tape.

Ugh.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Tomlinson21RB said:
wow. 3.99 and PWE = neg in my book if he doesn't offer a partial refund.

At least I got the card with this one.

Ironically, I left a neutral for the other guy who sent a refund, and I was told to get a life afterwards.

Therion - why not spend a few pennies and get a team bag? Makes everyone happy.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Jeff N. said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
wow. 3.99 and PWE = neg in my book if he doesn't offer a partial refund.

At least I got the card with this one.

Ironically, I left a neutral for the other guy who sent a refund, and I was told to get a life afterwards.

Therion - why not spend a few pennies and get a team bag? Makes everyone happy.

I use team bags :) I'm just saying wrap it in paper if you're going to be too cheap for them.

This is how I package. Put the card in a penny sleeve. Put the penny sleeve in a top loader. Put the top loader into a team bag. Wrap all of that in a piece of paper that is taped shut. *shrugs* It's just how I like to do it :)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i have always used tape for one reason, i always figure whoever im sending something to
wants to store it there own way. i might have 4 cards out of 1000's that are still in what they were sent to me in.
Im so anal about storage, always new toploaders, all cards same direction, etc. i was not aware that taping the tops of loaders had gone the way of the hula hoop, as no one has ever complained about that to me.
if i new people would use my storage for there cards, id do the loader team bag thing also.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
boomo said:
i have always used tape for one reason, i always figure whoever im sending something to
wants to store it there own way. i might have 4 cards out of 1000's that are still in what they were sent to me in.
Im so anal about storage, always new toploaders, all cards same direction, etc. i was not aware that taping the tops of loaders had gone the way of the hula hoop, as no one has ever complained about that to me.
if i new people would use my storage for there cards, id do the loader team bag thing also.

It's not a storage issue. While in transit the card can slip and get stuck to the tape. It will cause a slight amount of edge damage. If condition is important to the buyer (and honestly it usually is) it isn't a great practice.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
The card will never get stuck to the tape if the top loader is squeezed shut prior to the tape being applied. Having said that, I usually tape over a small piece of paper.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Therion had it right and imo there's only one way to ship a card.

1. Card in penny sleeve

2. Card, penny sleeve in top loader

3. Place card in team bag/ Wrap card in sheet of paper, tape closed if you prefer

4. Place in a bubble envelope

5. Ship

Been doing it that for years and I've never had a problem. Nearly all of the shipping disaster stories you hear are from poorly packaged items from senders that choose to cut corners.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I use team bags, but I've used saran wrap before. It's especially good for send a card in a magnet touch holder. Keeps the magnet touch sealed shut and it doesn't get tape stuck to it.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
boomo said:

I used to use tape when I first started shipping cards out, but after I got a few of them that way, I stopped. I'm as anal about my storage as you are. If it don't come in a new penny sleeve, topload, I replace them with my own. I keep all cards in the same direction by year, set, etc. All except those that I have in display case's or what not.

Art

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Pete14Rose said:
Therion had it right and imo there's only one way to ship a card.

1. Card in penny sleeve

2. Card, penny sleeve in top loader

3. Place 3 common on each side of top loader (lately it has been 1989 Topps) for extra padding.

4. Place card in team bag/ Wrap card in sheet of paper, tape closed if you prefer

5. Place in a bubble envelope

6. Put a few packing peanuts in bubble envelope.

7. Ship

Been doing it that for years and I've never had a problem. Nearly all of the shipping disaster stories you hear are from poorly packaged items from senders that choose to cut corners.

I actually add 2 steps to what you have above (inserted them in bold)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I like to throw in (2) Bowman Gold (thick) inserts to keep from the cards bending.... and I often get thanked for throwing in a kershaw, or bumgarner, or whoever happens to make it in there....

G

WOW damn PWE seller LOL
Anyway I don't have any team bags so i do the paper over the top and tape that thingy.

Members online

Latest posts