Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st Rounder Michael Choice Signs With the A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
(It's been a full 26 days since a 1st rounder signed.)

$2M bonus. Looking forward to seeing how the kid does.

Now, put him in EEE.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mredsox89 said:
Heard anything about Grandal and the Reds?

Nope.

And since you're a Sox guy, I should tell you that Callis has reported there have been no discussion whatsoever with Ranaudo yet.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:
I know there are probably more, but

High profile guys to sign in time for a december prospect product

Christian Colon
Michael Choice

Chris Sale

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Choice, A’s Agree On $2 Million Bonus

Posted Jul. 28, 2010 1:26 pm by Jim Callis
Filed under: Signings

The Athletics and No. 10 overall pick Michael Choice have agreed on a $2 million bonus. Choice becomes just the 11th of 32 first-rounders to sign this summer, and the first since the Angels landed Chevez Clarke on July 2.

Choice's bonus is more than MLB's recommendation of $1.836 million for the No. 2 pick, making him and the Rays' Justin O'Conner the only first-rounders to receive over-slot deals to this point. At $164,000, Choice's bonus is the most above slot for any 2010 draftee so far.

An outfielder from Texas-Arlington, Choice eclipsed Hunter Pence (second round, 2004) as the highest-drafted player in school history. One of the best power hitters in this year's draft, Choice set a UTA record with 34 career homers and led NCAA Division I with 76 walks this spring. A strong 6 feet and 215 pounds, he has lightning bat speed and crushes balls to all fields. He also has 6.6-second speed in the 60-yard dash, so some scouts believe he may be able to stay in center field.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Happy to hear this. He was the most intriguing early first round selection for me. Seems to me there is a toolsy outfielder in every early first round that interests me. Like Mitchell, Tate, Choice, etc.

Latest posts