Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SGC grades popped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
1 1943 M.P. & Co. R302-1 HANK GREENBERG A
2 1939-46 Exhibits HANK GREENBERG Very Truly Yours 20
3 1939-46 Exhibits HANK GREENBERG Truly Yours 30
4 1937 Goudey Wide Pen R314 HANK GREENBERG 40
5 1936 National Chicle R313 GREENBERG/DICKEY A

Definitely can't complain about the service, although the Very Truly Yours I was disappointed with, there is an ink stamp on the back that crushed the grade. Other than that the card is really nice, it's a bummer for sure. Also didn't expect the National Chicle to be that low, but after speaking with a rep they told me due to the large amount of paper loss and 3 pin holes they could have only graded it to be authentic, anything more would have been inaccurate. I was pleasantly surprised with the Goudey Wide Pen, I didn't think it would grade that high, a corner is dinged on it..

But I love SGC and these cards are gonna look nice when I pick them up.

Scans to come eventually.

zan

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Eye appeal is where its at, and SGC will improve any cards eye appeal. Great choice for PreWar

BTW which of the 5 different R314's did you grade, the type 1? (ie. litho in USA)
edited to say, if SGC put "1937" it should be the R314-4 as thats the only one from that year.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
fkw said:
Eye appeal is where its at, and SGC will improve any cards eye appeal. Great choice for PreWar

BTW which of the 5 different R314's did you grade, the type 1? (ie. litho in USA)
edited to say, if SGC put "1937" it should be the R314-4 as thats the only one from that year.
Agreed, but to my knowledge it was the type 1, idk why they classified it as the 1937 one... I'll let you see a scan when it comes.

But here it is out of the slab.

32a1_1.jpg

zan

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
Great stuff! I can't wait to see the scans.

I'm not going to have the loot to take advantage of the current grading deal. Do me a favor and let me know if another special that good comes along.

Latest posts