Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Derek Lee a ruh-tard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cubs are trying to trade him to the Angels and he REJECTS it?

What a retard?

Who WOULDN'T want to get out of the Cubs organization at this point?!

Hasn't he got the clue that they're NEVER going to win while he's there?

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
He is a free agent next year and will probably move. Why move twice in 1 year. He earned his right to veto the trades and if he and his family are happy staying in chicago then so be it. I see your point by not wanting to leave but there are other factors to consider. He still is getting paid.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
the angels are currently in 3rd place with no hope of surpassing texas, frankly i am happy that he rejected the deal.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
Sam Banks said:
The Cubs are trying to trade him to the Angels and he REJECTS it?

What a retard?

Who WOULDN'T want to get out of the Cubs organization at this point?!

Hasn't he got the clue that they're NEVER going to win while he's there?
since im a rangers fan i can understand what angels fans are feelings. but seeing it from this years point of view, why WOULD he go to the angels if they arent doing anything this year. they have a lot of bad luck this year. and it just got worse today. plus the family having to move or be without a husband and father for a couple of months to a team that is not really that much better than the cubs. im thinking he is looking for a long term resolution instead of a quick fix when its not even a quick fix. the angels arent doing anything while MY RANGERS are on fire. i wouldnt mind seeing him with the rangers though. plus i think he even knows he can go to a better situation where he can win for a the next couple of months.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Plus he has a ring already from when he was with the Marlins.... so being traded to a team that looks to have little to no shot at winning this year... might as well ride out the year and make a change in the offseason.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
The Angels are pretty much in the same place as the Cubs at this point in the season, out of the playoff picture. D Lee likes playing in Chicago, and is a fan favorite. No reason for him to agree to a trade to the Angels. His career is winding down, and I could easily see him retire a Cub.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I didn't know his contract status before posting this thread. But I guess it makes a little bit more sense after hearing that he'll be a FA after this season ends.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
So let me get this right...

Chicago is 9.5 back in the division and 11.0 back in the WC.
Angels are 8.5 back in the division and 11.0 back in the WC.

So where's the benefit of up and moving yourself for two months??? Hell, I think only a "ruh-tard" would do that when you have the option to say "no", especially when you'll be a free agent at the end of the year anyway.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Sam Banks said:
img177-1.jpg

Did you buy this, pull it, trade for it?

I bought It about 2 years ago. Just need the Bobby Jenks Glove and Carl Everett Jersey to complete the set.
There were only 100 produced of the Buehrle, Jenks & Everett

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sly said:
So let me get this right...

Chicago is 9.5 back in the division and 11.0 back in the WC.
Angels are 8.5 back in the division and 11.0 back in the WC.

So where's the benefit of up and moving yourself for two months??? Hell, I think only a "ruh-tard" would do that when you have the option to say "no", especially when you'll be a free agent at the end of the year anyway.

At least the Angels are making serious moves trying to better their team.

They've went out and got Haren, and are trying to get D.Lee.

That shows me at least they're trying to get better, instead of selling their franchise players like the Cubs.

Who knows, they get D. Lee, then that could be their catalyst to propelling to the top of the division. The Rangers could go on a horrible injury riddled slump and blow the lead. We've seen crazier things happen in MLB.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gogosox40 said:
Sam Banks said:
img177-1.jpg

I bought It about 2 years ago. Just need the Bobby Jenks Glove and Carl Everett Jersey to complete the set.

Did you buy it off the board? Or eBay?

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Sam Banks said:
gogosox40 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":r9zgjbce]img177-1.jpg

Did you buy it off the board? Or eBay?[/quote:r9zgjbce]

Ebay.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
gonzagacubs said:
The Angels are pretty much in the same place as the Cubs at this point in the season, out of the playoff picture. D Lee likes playing in Chicago, and is a fan favorite. No reason for him to agree to a trade to the Angels. His career is winding down, and I could easily see him retire a Cub.

I hope not, because he is on the downtrend of his career and the Cubs need to upgrade the position.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gogosox40 said:
Sam Banks said:
gogosox40 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1x2o3lyn]img177-1.jpg

Did you buy it off the board? Or eBay?

Ebay.[/quote:1x2o3lyn]

I pulled one out of a retail pack back in the day and then traded it to MikieWard10 before I realized what it was worth. My stomach sunk when I read it's BV for the first time.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
aarne13 said:
Derek Lee has a daughter with special needs. That is the main reason that he wants to stay in Chicago.

Refraining.

Refraining from what? Making fun of his daughter?
I am glad D. Lee will finish out this year as a Cub, he is the only one who plays hard it seems.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
goldenegg1 said:
Sam Banks said:
aarne13 said:
Derek Lee has a daughter with special needs. That is the main reason that he wants to stay in Chicago.

Refraining.

Refraining from what? Making fun of his daughter?
I am glad D. Lee will finish out this year as a Cub, he is the only one who plays hard it seems.

No no no no no, I would never make fun of his daughter. Not my style.