Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Official Arizona Fall League Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Arizona Fall League Coaches and Team Assignments released:

Mesa Solar Sox (Angels, Cubs, Mets, Phillies, Pirates)
Manager: Casey Kopitzke (Cubs)
Hitting Coach: Mark Parent (Phillies)
Pitching Coach: Ricky Bones (Mets)

Phoenix Desert Dogs (Athletics, Braves, Dodgers, Marlins, Yankees)
Manager: Don Mattingly (Dodgers)
Hitting Coach: Jamie Dismuke (Braves)
Pitching Coach: Garvin Alston (Athletics)

Peoria Javelinas (Astros, Blue Jays, Indians, Mariners, Red Sox)
Manager: Mike Sarbaugh (Indians)
Hitting Coach: Stubby Clapp (Astros)
Pitching Coach: Kevin Walker (Red Sox)

Peoria Saguaros (Padres, Rays, Reds, Twins, White Sox)
Manager: Ted Simmons (Padres)
Hitting Coach: Floyd Rayford (Twins)
Pitching Coach: Richard Dotson (White Sox)

Scottsdale Scorpions (Diamondbacks, Giants, Nationals, Orioles, Rockies)
Manager: Randy Knorr (Nationals)
Hitting Coach: Alan Zinter (Diamondbacks)
Pitching Coach: Blaine Beatty (Orioles)

Surprise Rafters (Brewers, Cardinals, Rangers, Royals, Tigers)
Manager: Mike Guerrero (Brewers)
Hitting Coach: Derrick May (Cardinals)
Pitching Coach: Brad Holman (Rangers)

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Players announced to go:

D-Backs- Jarrod Parker

Dodgers- Trayvon Robinson

Cubs- Josh Vitters, Brett Jackson, and Chris Archer

Mariners:

Dustin Ackley
Joshua Fields
Dan Cortes
Josh Lueke
Maikel Cleto
Matt Mangini
Nate Tenbrink

Brewers are sending Brett Lawrie and Logan Schafer

Will update has more names are dropped.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Man, Surprise has a great stadium, but I think it's the park that's furthest away from me.
They have the rising stars game there, so I go at least once a year, but Scottsdale, Mesa, and Phoenix are more in my area.
I whine because I'd like to follow the Brewers guys around, and they keep moving the team a few more miles away every year. Are they trying to tell me something?

Any word on the "Jr. AFL" yet?

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I cannot wait to go again. This year it will be less crowded as there will be no Strasburg entourage. When are the dates? I know I went in October of last year and it was fun.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
securedsports said:
I cannot wait to go again. This year it will be less crowded as there will be no Strasburg entourage. When are the dates? I know I went in October of last year and it was fun.

Unless Harper goes.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Looking forward to going again this year. Scottsdale stadium is merely a block away from me. Gone to several games the last couple seasons and it's been a blast.

We should get an FCB squad organized to attend some games. I'm too lazy and uncoordinated to organize such a task myself, but I'm down to go if others are interested. It would be fun to attend some games with people who are actually familiar with the players on the field.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
chompsmcgee said:
Looking forward to going again this year. Scottsdale stadium is merely a block away from me. Gone to several games the last couple seasons and it's been a blast.

We should get an FCB squad organized to attend some games. I'm too lazy and uncoordinated to organize such a task myself, but I'm down to go if others are interested. It would be fun to attend some games with people who are actually familiar with the players on the field.

For sure, an FCB AFL get-together is in order. I usually put together a group buy for ROMLB baseballs around this time too. Of course, this usually leaves me with too many baseballs and not enough people in on it, but I've learned to live with it.

It's my favorite part of the year living in the valley. Even more so than Spring Training. Empty ballparks, available seats anywhere you want, beer, autographs, top prospects... right up my alley really.

Are me and HPC the only one's rockin the FCB Phoenix Chapter logo in our sigs? I didn't know half you guys were from around here. I'm guilty too, I took it out of my sig for a while.
Incorporate it! fcbphx.jpg

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I am from Wisconsin, but plan on staying in Tempe I believe. It depends. I will let you know specifics when I get the flight and where I am heading down.

Members online

Latest posts