Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trivia Time-2 questions for you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Just for fun.Just interested who can get them both.

1.What was the 1st ballpark built with steel as a primary component?
2.Who was the last ***** player to play for a major leaguw team?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
gogosox40 said:
Forbes Field

Hank Aaron

Im taking a stab at the dark with these answers.

You are correct on both

1.Forbes Field 1909-1970
2.Hank Aaron-He played for the Indianaoplis Clownsin 1952,made it to the braves in 1954 and closed his career out with the brewers in 76

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
uniquebaseballcards said:
Aaron played in the ***** Leagues in the '50s, Minnie in the '40s if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think that was the question they were asking.

If I asked you who was the last International League pitcher to throw a no-hitter in the major leagues, would the answer be Edwin Jackson (who pitched in the IL in 2006) or Matt Garza (who pitched in the IL in 2007)? The answer would be Matt Garza.

Sorry, but I think the book is wrong. Minnie Minoso is the last ***** League player to play for a major league team.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I know what you're saying, its a question that could be answered two different ways depending on what you want to emphasize. Minoso clearly wasn't the last ***** League player to get into the MLB.

I think its awesome that Aaron, one of the all-time greatest, was the last MLB player the ***** League produced.

leatherman said:
Aaron played in the ***** Leagues in the '50s, Minnie in the '40s if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think that was the question they were asking.

If I asked you who was the last International League pitcher to throw a no-hitter in the major leagues, would the answer be Edwin Jackson (who pitched in the IL in 2006) or Matt Garza (who pitched in the IL in 2007)? The answer would be Matt Garza.

Sorry, but I think the book is wrong. Minnie Minoso is the last ***** League player to play for a major league team.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I think its awesome that Aaron, one of the all-time greatest, was the last MLB player the ***** League produced.

I always thought that it was pretty neat that Aaron was first alphabetically of all MLB players. Of course, he is second now behind David Aardsma.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
ethanbryer said:
gogosox40 said:
Forbes Field

Hank Aaron

Im taking a stab at the dark with these answers.

Nice Google Skills :D

I got to admit I knew the 1st one. I got my Degree in Construction Management and I learned that during one of my classes 7 years ago. What was cool about the stadium is that it was the first Steel/Concrete stadium and it was build in only 4 Months

and the second one I googled. :D

Members online

Latest posts