Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So the Brewers actually think they have a chance????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
You have to be kidding me. Melvin is an IDIOT!!!

From Rotoworld

According to ESPN Insider's Keith Law, the Brewers will not be sellers at the deadline.
Milwaukee is pulling Corey Hart and Prince Fielder off the block because they feel they are too close to contention to sell off their stars, according to the report. The Brewers are 48-55 and nine games out of first place in the NL Central, so that logic evades us. The bottom line is that it appears that contenders will have to look elsewhere for offense. Jul. 29 - 9:31 pm et

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Twins were 7 games back of the Tigers last year on SEPT 6th!!!

Brewers are FAR from out of it IMO, Play good ball and you never know what will happen (See Above Again!)

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Musial Collector said:

Brewers are FAR from out of it IMO, Play good ball and you never know what will happen (See Above Again!)

Ha ha, you haven't been watching the Brewers. If only they had two good pitchers....but they barely have one.

marterburn

prospectorgems said:
Musial Collector said:

Ha ha, you haven't been watching the Brewers. If only they had two good pitchers....but they barely have one.

but...but...LaTroy Hawkins is coming off the DL!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
ESPN Insider
"After all the talk about possibly moving Prince Fielder or Corey Hart, or even a couple of relievers or starting pitcher Dave Bush, the Milwaukee Brewers are closed for business, reports ESPN Insider's Keith Law.

"They have decided they're close enough to contention that they're not selling, so Hart and Fielder are off the market," Law said, citing an executive from a rival club that was interested in a Brewers player.

First thing that popped into my head was that the Cubs wanted Fielder, Melvin weighed the possibility that Fielder would rush the mound and beat up Manny Parra sometime during the season, and decided against it.

No one said the Brewers think they are in contention, except for a rival club's exec who didn't get a deal done. I don't think Melvin believes that. He's a smart guy, he knows the Brewers can't sniff the playoffs this year. He just wasn't getting an offer he couldn't refuse.

The only quote I read from Melvin today was: "I don't anticipate anything happening before the Saturday deadline."

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
ESPN Insider
"After all the talk about possibly moving Prince Fielder or Corey Hart, or even a couple of relievers or starting pitcher Dave Bush, the Milwaukee Brewers are closed for business, reports ESPN Insider's Keith Law.

"They have decided they're close enough to contention that they're not selling, so Hart and Fielder are off the market," Law said, citing an executive from a rival club that was interested in a Brewers player.

First thing that popped into my head was that the Cubs wanted Fielder, Melvin weighed the possibility that Fielder would rush the mound and beat up Manny Parra sometime during the season, and decided against it.

No one said the Brewers think they are in contention, except for a rival club's exec who didn't get a deal done. I don't think Melvin believes that. He's a smart guy, he knows the Brewers can't sniff the playoffs this year. He just wasn't getting an offer he couldn't refuse.

The only quote I read from Melvin today was: "I don't anticipate anything happening before the Saturday deadline."

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
and I double posted.
but since I'm here...
anyone got a Khris Davis auto for me? Maybe a nice Heckathorn parallel auto?
:D

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
The twins situation last year is differant then this years Brewers.The Brewers have to face Cardinals/Reds who have better pitching and overall teams compared to what the Twins had to face last year.

The Brewers are Done! :D

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
The Corey Hart fiasco just shows you how stupid Doug Melvin is. He could have traded him for a starting pitcher, but waited and waited and now he is worthless again.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
prospectorgems said:
You have to be kidding me. Melvin is an IDIOT!!!

From Rotoworld

According to ESPN Insider's Keith Law, the Brewers will not be sellers at the deadline.
Milwaukee is pulling Corey Hart and Prince Fielder off the block because they feel they are too close to contention to sell off their stars, according to the report. The Brewers are 48-55 and nine games out of first place in the NL Central, so that logic evades us. The bottom line is that it appears that contenders will have to look elsewhere for offense. Jul. 29 - 9:31 pm et
:lol:
we need the rolling on the floor smiley for this one

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Melvin is an idiot. The pitching staff has given up at least 10 runs 5 times in the last two weeks. This team is not even close to catching the Cards or the Reds. Problems is I don't want Melvin trading Hart or Fielder to pick up more crappy lefties(Davis, Wolf, Parra, Capuano, Narveson)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Well, since this is Law, you doubt the validity of his source from the get go. Law seems to have some sort of personal gripe against Milwaukee, or maybe Melvin.

I can almost promise you that no one from Milwaukee thinks they are in such a position to compete that Fielder and Hart are worth holding. Yeah, a Lrival executive"; sounds like sour grapes to me. Again, it makes perfect sense considering Law is closer to a tabloid journalist than a sportswriter.

What has happened is the decrease in value of Corey Hart b/c of injury (way to wait too long Melvin) and Melvin's consistant belief that Prince will be more valuable and he will get better pieces for him in the off season when more teams can be brought in to drive up the price and are in retool mode anyway (which I agree with).

I will assert that Milwaukee may make a decent dent in the standings if anything, but the last 2 games showed us what happens when they play a superior team.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Unless the Brewers are planning on using Price and Hart as starting pitchers, as well as everyday hitters, this news bewilders me. :|