Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most Userfriendly Way To Organiza Photobucket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I was wondering what people felt was the easiest way to browse photobucket. At one point in time I made my bucket all neat and organized with separate files for prospects, young stars and established stars and then gave players I had large quantities of their own file. Over time I've found that clicking so many links is a pain and have considered just making a couple of files with tons of scans (figuring it is easier and quicker to just scroll down a large page of pics, even if some cards have many copies.)

Thoughts?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Switch to Picasa! and use Folders and Tags to get shat poppin.
How long would it take to transfer a couple hundred pictures?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Code:
/Baseball/
	/2010/
	/2009/
	/2008/
		/Bowman Chrome Prospects/
		/Topps Allen & Ginters/
			/Framed Relics/
			/Framed Autographs/
			/Mini's/
		/Upper Deck Exquisite/
	/2007/
/Football/
/Basekettball/
/Hockey/
/PC/
	/Don Mattingly/
	/Jerry Rice/
/Ebay/

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:
Code:
/Baseball/
	/2010/
	/2009/
	/2008/
		/Bowman Chrome Prospects/
		/Topps Allen & Ginters/
			/Framed Relics/
			/Framed Autographs/
			/Mini's/
		/Upper Deck Exquisite/
	/2007/
/Football/
/Basekettball/
/Hockey/
/PC/
	/Don Mattingly/
	/Jerry Rice/
/Ebay/
Assuming the items are all available for trade, do you think breaking it up more makes it easier, or having one long list? Personally the year rarely offers much help for me (as far as breaking things up) since I trade based on player not based on set (not a set collector.)

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
I was wondering what people felt was the easiest way to browse photobucket. At one point in time I made my bucket all neat and organized with separate files for prospects, young stars and established stars and then gave players I had large quantities of their own file. Over time I've found that clicking so many links is a pain and have considered just making a couple of files with tons of scans (figuring it is easier and quicker to just scroll down a large page of pics, even if some cards have many copies.)

Thoughts?

To be honest, I always thought your Photobucket was a huge pain in the ass.

I'd do it either by player or by category (AU, RC, Refractor, etc).

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
Topnotchsy said:

Thoughts?

To be honest, I always thought your Photobucket was a huge pain in the ass.

I'd do it either by player or by category (AU, RC, Refractor, etc).
It is, isn't it. Right now I'm looking at just breaking it up into "RC's" "Game-Used and Auto's" and "Vintage GU and Auto."

I figure there's no real good reason to separate by refractor or the like since if I'm looking for say a David Wright RC Auto I'm considering all parallels. It's pretty easy to scroll a list of 100 pictures, especially if they are alphabetically ordered by player.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Topnotchsy said:
pigskincardboard said:

Do you have the Photos on your computer?

Install Picasa.
Add Folder
Create New Album
Create New Album
Create New Album
Create New Album
Drag & Drop
Drag & Drop
Drag and Drop
Drag and Drop
Set Web Settings "Original Size"
Sync to Web
Sync to Web
Sync to Web
Sync to Web

Highlight 50 Photos
Add Tag "Game Used"
Highlight 75 Photos
Add Tag "Autograph"
Highlight 100 Photos
Add Tag "Baseball"
Highlight 26 Photos
Add Tag "Prospects"

That'd probably take you 25 minutes and it pretty much has no downside. Give it a try! The best part is being able to switch photos via drag an drop.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
What if you deleted the files on your PC once you uploaded to photobucket?

pigskincardboard said:
Topnotchsy said:
pigskincardboard said:

Do you have the Photos on your computer?

Install Picasa.
Add Folder
Create New Album
Create New Album
Create New Album
Create New Album
Drag & Drop
Drag & Drop
Drag and Drop
Drag and Drop
Set Web Settings "Original Size"
Sync to Web
Sync to Web
Sync to Web
Sync to Web

Highlight 50 Photos
Add Tag "Game Used"
Highlight 75 Photos
Add Tag "Autograph"
Highlight 100 Photos
Add Tag "Baseball"
Highlight 26 Photos
Add Tag "Prospects"

That'd probably take you 25 minutes and it pretty much has no downside. Give it a try! The best part is being able to switch photos via drag an drop.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
May try Picasa but meanwhile moved most of my RC's and RC Auto's into one folder (beginning to realize I'm way behind on scanning lol) and separated pretty much everything into 3 general folders. Under baseball I have "GU and auto" "vintage GU and Auto" and of course "RC's."

If you don't mind checking this out and telling me about the ease of use and telling me know, I think it's easier to scroll one or two long lists, and I did put the RC's in alphabetical order.

Here is the main folder with the 3 links on the left:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/ ... /Baseball/

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
A guy I work with collects comics and showed me this site..

He said it's great for selling/buying..

If some of the programming gurus built something like this for sportscards, I'm sure it would be appreciated.. Then we could load our cards and if we wanted to sell them, we could.. Just thinking of different ideas..

http://www.atomicavenue.com/

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
A guy I work with collects comics and showed me this site..

He said it's great for selling/buying..

If some of the programming gurus built something like this for sportscards, I'm sure it would be appreciated.. Then we could load our cards and if we wanted to sell them, we could.. Just thinking of different ideas..

http://www.atomicavenue.com/
That looks much more comprehensive than what I can do with photobucket (without putting in a to of hours) but it is good to see different ways of doing it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Please just go to options or settings or whatever and select the option to show like 60 images per page instead of 20. So much easier to look through that way when you can just scroll and dont have to click and wait for a new page to load every five seconds.

Members online

Latest posts