Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local radio had a good idea for Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I was listening to the Radio today on my 2 1/2 hr drive home from work and they had a really good idea. They were talking about the Nats losing money due to Stras being on the DL. They suggested why not have him doing appearances at the ballpark? Maybe doing photo ops with the fans and such. This would still rake in the fans without him pitching. And hell they could charge for the photo and make a killing.

I actually think this is a good idea for any team with a fan favorite on the DL. Maybe one game per homestand have them doing something like this.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
They used to do this at Rays games for the first five seasons or so.

Every day or weekend game there would be a group of 3-4 players that would have to do pictures and autographs for fans before the game. I think eventually all the players were obligated to do it at least once.

There wasn't much of a fan response because there aren't going to be too many people excited about meeting Quinton McCracken, Josh Phelps, Steve Cox, Brent Abernathy, etc. Usually they would have to end the sessions early but it was a great way to get a team ball, photo, etc. All you would have to do is show up to the game an hour or two before and you were guaranteed four players, plus whoever else signed on the field that day.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'm sure Cash is already sick of being mobbed wherever he goes. I bet last thing he wants to do is spend his time at ballpark with rubes taking pictures.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Mike Rizzo: "Hey, Stephen, how does that shoulder feel?"
Strasburg: "A little better."
Mike Rizzo: "Oh Good, how about standing up for a very long time and siging countless autographs???"
Strasburg: crickets
Mike Rizzo: Hello? Stephen?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Adamsince1981 said:
Mike Rizzo: "Oh Good, how about standing up for a very long time and siging countless autographs???"

just photos, not autos. and its not like his shoulder is that serious.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
Adamsince1981 said:

just photos, not autos. and its not like his shoulder is that serious.

It really had very little to do with his shoulder...it is just a request that no GM would ask for...especially a nightly gig until he is off the DL.

Members online

Latest posts