Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Bautista's last 5 games....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
13 for 19

.684 AVG
3 2B
5 HR
13 RBI
1.631 SLG
.727 OBP

2.358 OPS :shock:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I thought Cabrera had a legitimate shot at winning the Triple Crown this year but it's not gonna happen. Bautista is hitting way too many long balls. Cabrera usually hits 30-35 so I don't see him catching up unless Bautista gets hurt or magically goes into a homer drought for the rest of the season.

Guy has really come out of nowhere and posted a really impressive season.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I thought Cabrera had a legitimate shot at winning the Triple Crown this year but it's not gonna happen. Bautista is hitting way too many long balls. Cabrera usually hits 30-35 so I don't see him catching up unless Bautista gets hurt or magically goes into a homer drought for the rest of the season.

Or Traded...

1988RedSox

Feb 16, 2009
Maine
I hope there are other people out there as baffled and as furious as I am about Jose Bautista. There is no explanation for someone like him being able to put up these numbers in the AL East. I am pulling for Miguel Cabrera.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
1988RedSox said:
I hope there are other people out there as baffled and as furious as I am about Jose Bautista. There is no explanation for someone like him being able to put up these numbers in the AL East. I am pulling for Miguel Cabrera.

I am too. I would love to see a triple crown and I think he has the best shot to do it.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Jose Bautista's card values also baffle me. You'd think his Chrome Autos would be getting more with this crazy year he's had!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Where is tonya harding's Ex husband when you need him Jeff Gillooly
blog3146widea.jpg

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Great season by Bautista.
Nice to see someone on teh Jays doing well.
Us fans typically dont have much to cheer for so its nice to see a Jay leading the majors in HRs this deep in the season.

At the same time I hope AA can fleece someone into overpaying in a trade involving Jose.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
...someone has to mention that the jays recently played the Orioles and Indians.

What does that matter? Why haven't the other 8 guys in the lineup put up #'s like that then? It's MLB-pitching.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
markakis8 said:
pigskincardboard said:
...someone has to mention that the jays recently played the Orioles and Indians.

What does that matter? Why haven't the other 8 guys in the lineup put up #'s like that then? It's MLB-pitching.

Really man?

You don't think that Vernon Wells with 20HR and ALEX GONZALEZ with 17HR is the other guys putting up numbers? Toronto is 4pts back of Boston in SLG%. Without Bautista's 30 HR, Toronto would still have the 3rd most HR in the MLB (behind BOS & MIL, ahead of CIN)

Toronto as a team IS Jose Bautista: 1st in HR, .250 AVG, 2nd in SLG (.456) , .312 OBP

I think it's pretty clear when you subtract 30HR from the Team's total and they still are third, the rest of the team is putting up numbers like that.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
markakis8 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Maybe playing the Orioles and Jays happened to be a span of games where he hit a few extra homeruns, but he has 31 this season, not 5. As the above poster mentioned, MLB pitching is MLB pitching...it's the best there is.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Bautista, who has always had 20-25 HR power, has had a really odd career path. He lost a full year of development to being ****** around as a Rule 5'er and also suffered through 2 separate hand injuries which everyone knows kills your power. While this is obviously a career year, I don't think he'll immediately go back to being a utility player or anything. It appears as though he's just a late bloomer who finally got a chance. He does other things incredibly well: taking walks, playing the outfield (leading the league in assists). I could definitely see him putting up 3-4 years of .250/.360/.460 ball.

I'd hesitate to put any stock in his Pirates career, too. They're not exactly a development machine.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
markakis8 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Really man?

You don't think that Vernon Wells with 20HR and ALEX GONZALEZ with 17HR is the other guys putting up numbers? Toronto is 4pts back of Boston in SLG%. Without Bautista's 30 HR, Toronto would still have the 3rd most HR in the MLB (behind BOS & MIL, ahead of CIN)

Toronto as a team IS Jose Bautista: 1st in HR, .250 AVG, 2nd in SLG (.456) , .312 OBP

I think it's pretty clear when you subtract 30HR from the Team's total and they still are third, the rest of the team is putting up numbers like that.

No I meant if the Orioles and Indians suck so bad, why isn't everyone in the lineup putting up those numbers against them.

My point is MLB pitching is MLB pitching, regardless of team record. If it was as easy as you insinuate against Bal and Cle, then everyone should be able to do what Bautista has done.

Do you say "someone has to mention that the jays recently played the Orioles and Indians" when a superstar bats .100 against them? I think not.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
two words for you: Travis Snider.

Get rid of this Jose bum....he is a ticking time bomb....after 12:01am tonight he is no better than a doorstop. Keeps the youth out of the lineup and you don't get jack-sheet in a trade :benson:

Latest posts