Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers get Lilly and Theriot from Cubs for Blake Dewitt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Dodgers send: Blake Dewitt, Brett Wallach and Kyle Smit

To the Cubs for: Ted Lilly, Ryan Theriot and $2.5 million

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Ted Lilly, Theriot & $ dealt to Dodgers for DeWitt plus 2

From Jason Stark on live chat on ESPN:

Deal done. #Cubs sending Lilly & Theriot to Cubs for Blake DeWitt & minor lgers Brett Walch & Kyle Smit. LA also gets $2.5M.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Ted Lilly, Theriot & $ dealt to Dodgers for DeWitt plus 2

I think DeWitt is the big winner here. he'll see his power numbers increase with a move to Wrigley.

Who knows, he might even become a fantasy baseball asset.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Glad the Cubs are moving the Players so should I list all my Dewitt cards I have. Seems guys stuff sometimes goes
up when they are traded LOL<

Now I have to go remove Theriot from a few of my fantasy teams since he may not play for the Dodgers today.

Now if the Cubs can move Fucadome and Zambrano plus Ramirez I'll be happy. But this would take a lot of work by Hendry and I don't see this happening before 2pm anyway

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
re: brett wallach...

Papa bear is going to be pissed, but at least he still has one other kiddo in the organizaton so he may be alright.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
The Dodgers definitely needed an extra arm and Lilly fills that void. I'm not sure the team ever had a place for DeWitt full time. They hesitated to let him start at third a few seasons ago (before signing Casey Blake) and even when DeWitt did start he'd often be replaced

That said, DeWitt's plate appearances have improved, he's taking more pitches and displaying better patience. His defense has always been good, but Torre uses a defensive replacement late in games--probably an experience thing.

I don't know too much about Theriot, but he looks like a good fit; an NL-type player.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I think it may be too little, too late. The only reason the Dodgers are only seven games out is because of their dominance over NL West opponents. That dominance is rapidly fading - if I'm not mistaken, they've lost the last two series (against SF & SD) and dropped last night's game. I'm hoping for a rebound today - the pitching has been decent lately, but the bats have been putrid.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Nice trade for the Cubs. They weren't going anywhere so drop some salary and pick up some kids. I've always liked Dewitt and think he will do well in Chicago. Brett Wallach is a nice pickup as well. Not sure I would have sent the Dodgers that much money though.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
boxbreaker44 said:
Damn why did the dodgers need to pick up Theriot too.
Because that was the deal. And I can see the Dodgers not re sign Lilly and the Cubs are said to be interested in getting him back after the season. :benson:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
SamHell said:
Nice trade for the Cubs. They weren't going anywhere so drop some salary and pick up some kids. I've always liked Dewitt and think he will do well in Chicago. Brett Wallach is a nice pickup as well. Not sure I would have sent the Dodgers that much money though.

Should I be happy or sad that Wallach's now with the Cubs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts